Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mark Hoppus on Live 105 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 4, 2016.

1. Tom Lee

Regular

Where did you find about Travis talking to Tom? Man, I don't know what to believe, but this is all very, very sad to watch.

2. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

3. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

Tom just needs to give it up. Whining on Facebook about your old band isn't going to convince them to kick out the new guy in favor of the old one. I'm glad things are going so well with Blink now, Tom just needs to stay out of it and stick to his projects.

4. Cola.

I was such a looker in the old days Prestigious

Tom needs to invest in a PR team :crylaugh:

5. If they ever have to change their name, I vote for "Blink a la Skiba" -- it really rolls off the tongue.

6. Woohoo!

Regular

Can they change their name to Blink-183 if Tom sues them or would that be considered too close? I would hope that everyone would give Tom some major backlash if he did that.

7. ParkwayTom

Forgive me, Nashville

Tom's entire post was just a giant plug for all of his music, books, movies, space shuttle, whatever the fuck. He was smart enough to know that no one would give a fuck or pay attention unless he veiled it with some blink-182 talk.

"I'm happy for Mark and Travis, but I'm focusing on my BOOK AND NEW AVA MUSIC. Blink will always have a place in my heart but I'm SO EXCITED FOR TO THE STARS OH MY GOD THIS MOVIE I'M SCORING IS SO COOL. Do I miss the guys? Sure, but this NEW ANGELS & AIRWAVES EP SURE IS GREAT GOD DAMN, BY THE WAY DID I TELL YOU I BELIEVE IN ALIENS?! PLEASE LOOK AT ME AND BUY MY THINGS!!!

8. Tylar

A little part of me wants to defend Tom, but you nailed it

Kizwiz likes this.
  9. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

If for whatever reason they were ever forced to perform under a different name, you've gotta assume they'd just use Blink-182 with Matt Skiba. It worked for Sublime with Rome.

10. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

All of this is pretty confusing. Just wish everyone could move on and enjoy what they do, without all the back and forth.

11. But that's boring, Blink a la Skiba is way better. As a bonus, it shortens to BALS, which is great for Blink.