Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mark Hoppus Offers Health Update

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Mark Hoppus of Blink-182 offered a health update during a recent Twitch event.

“On good days, I go do stuff,” he said. “I went on a walk outside today and it was the first time I’d left my house in like… five days pretty much. But this round of chemo I wasn’t totally stuck on the couch, miserable. I’ve actually watched movies and walked around and cleaned the house and hung out with my dogs. I didn’t just feel like a poisoned electrified zombie leaned up against an electric fence like I did the past couple of rounds.”

But his ability to interact with the world is limited, and Hoppus finds it frustrating. “I can’t go anywhere right now. I wanted to go to the Dodgers last night. I can’t. I want to go hang out with friends and go to a restaurant. I can’t,” he said. “My white blood cell count is way too low for me to go out, so I am stuck trying to get better. That’s alright, I’ll take it.”

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Wishing Mark the best and a healthy recovery. He's an absolute legend

3. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Sending all the positive vibes to Mark.

4. efp722

Regular

One of my best friends cancer came back and he just finished up his first round of chemo, so this is hitting a bit close.

Any word on what kind of cancer Mark has?

5. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Not yet. Hoping the best for your friend as well.

6. efp722

Regular

Thanks!

7. Jfletch

Newbie Supporter

This is so relatable to my personal experience. I had good days and bad days. But you do miss out on things. Lost a girl I was with at the time because she wanted to do things and I couldn't because of the counts and needing to stay healthy. It's rough. Best wishes to Mark!

8. AsfAstAswegofar

Regular

I love mark hoppus. He legitimately means a lot to me. I don’t really care if that’s weird as a 33 year old man. But he and Tom are the reason I picked up a guitar, got into punk and pop punk, and made all the amazing friends and great people in the punk community. With the amount of fame these guys got so young, I’ve never heard anyone say it went to Marks head. Everyone I know who has had interactions with him, had a positive experience. He’s just a good dude and I wish him nothing but the best

9. tyler_pifer

If she wasn't willing to stick with you through the tough times then she wasn't worth having! I hope you are cancer free!

10. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

I want Tom back so friggin bad, Blink has been a major bond between me and my 14 yr old son, we have convos about best albums/songs all the time , and he deserves a Mark, Tom and Travis album in his lifetime