Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mark Hoppus of Blink-182 Reveals Cancer Diagnosis

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

It is with a heavy heart that I type these words: Mark Hoppus of Blink-182 has shared on Instagram that he has been diagnosed with cancer. Mark, we love you and wish you a very speedy recovery.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

hongfong00 likes this.
  2. theredline

Trusted Supporter

Just shared it on Twitter, too. Man, this sucks so much. And not just for him. For all who have to fight this battle. Sending him tons of love. Cancer sucks.

Elder Lightning and Jonathan like this.
  3. Awful news. Wishing him (and anyone else battling cancer) well.

theredline and Jonathan like this.
  4. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Awful to hear and wishing Mark a successful and speedy recovery

Jonathan likes this.
  5. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Fuck. I wish him nothing but the best.

Jonathan likes this.
  6. somethingwitty

Trusted

Ugh, this hurts. But there’s some amazing cancer treatments out there now so there’s reason to be hopeful.

7. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I love Mark and hope the best for him and his family.

Jonathan likes this.
  8. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

Despite how I may feel about his actions, I hope he makes a full recovery.

9. fbrrocks

Trusted

this sucks i hope he gets better asap

LightWithoutHeat and Jonathan like this.
  10. chrisstahl

Newbie Prestigious

This stings. Get better, Mark.

LightWithoutHeat and Jonathan like this.
  11. theredline

Trusted Supporter

What actions?

12. chris-wrecker Jun 23, 2021
    (Last edited: Jun 23, 2021)
    chris-wrecker

Trusted

Wow….. why say anything? You got this Mark!

13. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

Not here please

14. SAB22

adulting22.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Fuck cancer

15. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

I wasn't going to do anything "here." I used the word full recovery because that's exactly what I meant. I hope he makes a FULL recovery, meaning with no or as little lingering side effects as possible. My feelings about him are as personal as yours, even if for different reasons and I have the right to express them just like anyone else. I didn't say anything disrespectful about him or his health. I wished him well. That's all.

16. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

You implied you disagreed with his actions (leaving them ambiguous for some reason) on a post where he announced his cancer diagnosis. You most certainly did something.

You are free to voice your personal feelings and others are free to respond to them.

17. Jonathan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Verified

Read the room. Not the time nor the place.

18. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

Yes, because his actions and my feelings about him are personal to me. Just like everyone else here is saying they love him, I'm saying that even though I'm still processing difficult feelings, I hope he recovers. I'm in the habit of stating myself as plainly and literally as I possibly can because with autism, it's exhausting having to constantly explain "what you meant." Saying you disagree with someone's actions doesn't mean you want them to die of cancer.

19. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

That's fine, just don't be surprised when others don't share your personal feelings or react in a way you don't like. They are impacted by your words just as you are by theirs.

20. this isn't right. this is terrible.

21. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

Then I hope they're just as impacted by the part where I said I hope he makes a full recovery and again, said nothing rude about him. That's why I LITERALLY said, "despite how *I* may feel." Nothing to imply anything else at all except that it's what I'm processing in the moment. Again. Just like everyone else.

22. justin.

請叫我賴總統 Supporter

Best of prayers and thoughts to Mark. Keep fighting, man.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  23. ZeoVGM

Regular

He hasn't made any actions that would lead to this being a proper place for you to make this about yourself.

Fuck off.

Jonathan, beachdude, dubey and 9 others like this.
  24. efp722

Regular

And who in the flying fuck are you?

jayreimenschneider likes this.
  25. Audrey Horne

Regular Prestigious

Has no one else heard bad news about someone they have tumultuous feelings about? Just don't express difficult human emotions while also wishing them the absolute best when you just heard the news that someone who was really important to you for a period of time is suffering from something truly awful? Especially when it would have been easier to say screw the guy or nothing at all. Also, call the person who is explaining very calmly that they have autism and dismissing that explanation when you already have to work triple time to word yourself and your difficult feelings a "garbage human." This is a tragedy and I'm processing it as such on many different levels. Once again, there was no ill implication on my part behind me saying "despite how I may feel." It was literally, "my feelings are still hurt by his decisions but I hope he gets better." And that was my very real emotion in the moment having read the news. I didn't say he deserves it. I didn't call him a name. I didn't say he owes me anything. I didn't say he was a bad person. I didn't list out my grievances. I didn't say I hope he dies. But if I'm having difficulty understanding exactly where and how I implied anything of the sort, please do point it out to me.