Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mark Hoppus Fundraiser for Cedars-Sinai

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 5, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Allthegiganticthings

Regular

Good for him. Using your illness to help others is truly an amazing thing to do. I can imagine being totally freaked out and turning inward in a time like this. And Cedars is an amazing place—both my children were born there. Hoping he pulls through with a speedy recovery and isn’t impacted too negatively with the cancer drugs. My younger sister actually passed away after a few bouts of cervical cancer and she really went through the ringer with chemo. It just sucks, there’s no way of getting around it. Sending positive energy out to Mark and all of the people going through such difficult times. ❤️

3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

A
    Agreed with everything here. This topic is very personal to many of us and and seeing him try to make some good out of his hard times speaks to what a good person he is. Cancer sucks.

4. DandonTRJ Jul 6, 2021
    (Last edited: Jul 6, 2021)
    DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

100% this. Cedars’ NICU team made us feel so taken care of when my wife delivered early, their PICU team saved our son’s life two years ago, and our randomly-assigned geneticist there literally discovered my son’s rare genetic condition (as in had written the only medical literature on it at the time of diagnosis - it didn’t even have a name yet). We are so lucky to have them in our lives, and I’m so glad that’s where Mark is being treated.

5. RaginCajun

Better than you, sorry

Even though I don’t agree with his choices in the past…jk jk.
    Whenever I see a Mark post a part of me is worried it’ll say the worst. This is happy news. Keep fighting, Mark!