Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mark Hoppus Auctioning Off Bass (Plus a Buried Lede)

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Mark Hoppus is auctioning off a replica bass on ebay that was used on the upcoming Blink-182 release.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

fredwordsmith likes this.
  2. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

Weird that they call it a replica then say "This is a once in a lifetime chance to own one of Mark's guitars, because it is not just a replica, it was actually used and played on the upcoming blink-182 release. It should be noted that the guitar can be autographed if the winner so chooses." So it's both a replica and not a replica...?

sowrongitsryan likes this.
  3. sowrongitsryan

Regular

I think so...

4. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

It's a replica of one of Mark's historic basses.

5. IATAvalanche

Regular

it's a replica of one of his basses, that he ended up using to record? idk, weird.

6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

It was a replica made to auction off but Mark held onto it for awhile and used it for recording. Finally deciding to auction it.

it’s a pretty spot on replica of what Lettuce looks like today. Dings and all.

David Parke likes this.
  7. Ryan

Might be Spider-Man...

I think this guy is on Instagram who made it, he does really good stuff if it's the guy Im thinking of.

David Parke likes this.
  8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

You’re most likely talking about Allan Corona. He pumps out replicas on the side. Same guy who just made Mark is new bass.

David Parke likes this.
  9. CyberInferno

Line below my username Supporter

ok, that makes more sense. thanks for clarifying that point. they should have had a bit more backstory in there for us less-cultured fans.

10. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

He started using the original of that bass around the Enema era (right after the album came out), replaced by the hot pink one during the TOYPAJ cycle.

CyberInferno likes this.