Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mark Hoppus’s Midcentury-Modern Home

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Architectural Digest has profiled the Hoppus family home.

This desire for a more comfortable place to soak created a ripple effect. Finally, in 2015, Mark and Skye brought in Marmol Radziner to give the entire house a facelift. (The kitchen remained untouched, but there is talk of updating it next.) The front door and entryway, which the firm’s design partner Ron Radziner says was “confusing” before, was completely reconfigured, as was the main bedroom suite. The landscaping was refreshed, as was most of the furniture, and the biggest addition was that of a completely brand new subterranean music studio for Mark. The bunker-like room features a vocal booth and cozy seating area, and it provides the perfect place for the musician to keep items “that Skye doesn’t necessarily like in the rest of the house,” the rocker says, like Star Wars memorabilia or Dodgers baseball bobblehead dolls.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

jorbjorb likes this.
  2. artofjosephshelton

follow my pop punk tiktok @dunder.rifflin

Man I really wish there was a video on this one. I loved the article, but I would have loved to see a video walk-through on this like other AD videos you can find.

3. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

My thoughts exactly.

4. Analog Drummer

Regular

Wow. It sure is spectacular, very tasteful

5. noisyneighbour

is architectural digest just cribs for us 30-somethings who grew up on mtv? either way, i'm here for it.

6. thechetearly

Regular

All the small things and that home sure as hell isn’t one of them.

7. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

It's ALL the small things...combined.

macbethfan and thechetearly like this.