Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mark and Matt Talks Next Blink-182 Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 6, 2017.

1. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

I don't think this album took Blink back to their roots at all. Still like the album though.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I really think most of California sounds like dads trying to re-created a former version of their pop-punk past

3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This made me laugh out loud.

youwontknow likes this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I personally thought Deluxe was even worse than the original.

I really hope the band changes everything up on the next record. Sound/lyrical content/producer.. everything. I doubt it but a guy can dream!

I just don't think I can listen to another record with men in their 40's singing about teen love and being misunderstood.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Raku and youwontknow like this.
  5. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I'm just addressing the "oh's" and "na's" lol. As for worse idk. When I condensed it to one album I put more deluxe songs on it so I disagree a bit but to each their own (although the top 4 songs on original Cali are better than the best deluxe song.) "Experimental" and "more thought" is plenty enough to reassure me that it won't be more of the California sound, which is just what I want even though I loved most of what they did with California.

6. Not many songs actually about teen love tho.

Nb1983, David Parke and slimfenix182 like this.
  7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I can still enjoy the majority of California, but I find very very little to enjoy on Deluxe

alex miller likes this.
  8. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

We want tom, but they can also keep Matt

Raku and mattylikesfilms like this.
  9. Sal Paradise

Trusted

This is exactly what I want from them, and I'm willing to give the band another shot. I liked neighborhoods when it came out but havnt had a desire to go back since 2011.

On califirnia they just flat out lost me, and made me realize that I may just have outgrown them. There are a handful of good songs though, and I hope more time together will help their creative process.

10. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I definitely want a new Alkaline Trio album before a new Blink one but this is still good news for sure, this is exactly what I wanted their next album to be

Turkeylegz and mattylikesfilms like this.
  11. [​IMG]

12. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

remember that time someone on this site compared Tom Delonge to Kurt Cobain while also saying Tom Delonge isnt in it for the money

that was a wild night

13. kpatrickwood

Give what you can.

I'd probably be into the idea of this, or at least adding an extra live guitarist in some form. I honestly don't really care if it's Tom or Matt in the band at this point, but I've always thought that Blink could really, really use somebody like Green Day's Jason White to supplement their live sound.

Raku likes this.
  14. CoffeeEyes17

very convincing

15. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Why change their name because some asshat didn't want to do anything?

16. slimfenix182

2009-2015 Tom was in blink purely for the love of the band and AVA was actually his money machine

Raku, Jason Tate and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  17. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

still can't believe that he wore that same love shirt at every show in 2009. What a clown. That album was horrid

slimfenix182 likes this.
  18. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Wasn't the biggest fan of it, I hope they change things up for the next album. Ton sounds like a dying cow performing live, and he was non productive as hell with blink. He doesn't really seem to care about music at all anymore, ava included.

19. slimfenix182

Sure cause it's one of the best moments of the reunion

20. This is getting embarrassing to watch.

21. SleepWellAugust

THIS.

22. CoffeeEyes17

I'm not even a Blink fan and I know Travis and Mark add more to the songwriting than just being the rhythm section lol

FTank, Joe4th, David Parke and 2 others like this.
  23. johnthegawd

@theinsideoutband

If they go with john feldman again (which im sure they will cuz since they linked with him they were nominated for a grammy), i bet i wont even listen. They need someone better who can steer them away from the cheese.

Raku, alex miller and youwontknow like this.
  24. I’ll take that bet. The hype will be too real to resist a listen.

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  25. SpinelessYesBloke

Co-host of The Wasting Time Podcast

The hate California is getting from some people on here is NOTHING compared to the hate Enema got from a lot of Blink fans when it came out!

I hope Feldmann produces the next record, he brought this band back to their best for me.

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.