Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marina - Love + Fear (April 26,2019) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Feb 14, 2019.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Screenshot_20190214-133744.png

4. finnyscott

I'm from New York. No, not the city.

I like this one better than Handmade Heaven

ChiliTacos likes this.

6. I'm starting to lose confidence in the album. I mean, I like what we've heard so far, but none of the singles have impressed me. There's usually an uniqueness and a quirkiness in her vocals and the melodies she comes up with, but those qualities have mostly been missing this time. It all sounds dumbed down. :/

Contender likes this.
  7. iCarly Rae Jepsen

8. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

"Handmade Heaven" is a jam.

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Been on the fence about ordering the vinyl

10. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

oh shit she dropped 'Love'

11. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Not on Apple Music yet :tear:

12. finnyscott

True is pretty good

13. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Baby does not fit on this thing AT ALL. Its also probably the only song I love on here.

finnyscott likes this.
  14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

she does say "doo doo" on true, so this album has that going for it.

finnyscott likes this.
  15. finnyscott

I'm hoping Fear has more bops

16. Spenny

Regular

Love pretty much all of Love (ha!). Enjoy Your Life is an absolute bop and True gives me everything I need. Last two songs didn't immediately connect with me, but To Be Human grew on me super fast and I feel like End of the Earth will soon as well.

I saw someone on Reddit speculate about To Be Human being almost a sequel to Savages, either as a positive flip side to that song or as a response to the questions posed in that song. I think that is an interesting theory.

Less than a month til I fly to London to see her show at Royal Albert Hall. So unbelievably excited!

17. Spenny

Regular

There's a lot of speculation about Fear being the bop-heavy half of the collection, so it wouldn't surprise me. I'm excited to hear it.

18. Pretty much enjoy all of it, but don't love any of it besides Baby. I'll give it some more spins.

19. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

These songs are definitely less immediately catchy than anything on FROOT but I think they have a lot of substance and will prob be growers.

20. iCarly Rae Jepsen

21. Spenny

Regular

Need to listen to Fear later, especially since I'm seeing her live next week haha

22. Karma and Emotional Machine are my early favorites, and I'm way more into Fear's half. I'm mostly underwhelmed though. Hearing her over tropical bop and trap-y influenced songs, after everyone else has done it, isn't really exciting. It blends together a bit too much, not only production wise but down to the melodies, and feels like a regression compared to Froot. Hoping it'll grow on me.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  23. iCarly Rae Jepsen

24. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

OoOoOoRange.

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Listening through it now, True is a fucking jam.

setlist is good. Wish she weren't doing Summer Stage.

upload_2019-4-30_10-8-40.png