Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marilyn Manson - Heaven Upside Down (October 6, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by bradsonemanband, Sep 12, 2017.

1. [​IMG]

1. Revelation #12
    2. Tattooed In Reverse
    3. WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE
    4. SAY10
    5. KILL4ME
    6. Saturnalia
    7. JE$U$ CRI$I$
    8. Blood Honey
    9. Heaven Upside Down
    10. Threats of Romance

Pre-Orders

2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

@DejaMoi We've got a thread! Let's go!

3. I dig this new song! Sounds like classic MM.

DejaMoi and truelovewaits like this.
  4. Larry David

WE KNOW WHERE YOU FUCKING LIVE is an awesome return to form. I'll always have a soft spot for MM

DejaMoi and bradsonemanband like this.
  5. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Thanks for the heads-up. Playing this again. Tbh i'm pretty stoked for this record and I don't know why I am so much since I've never been a huge fan but def a casual one. I'm sure it has to do with the current climate. I'm interested to see his response to it through his music. If this single is anything to go by, he sounds reinvigorated.

6. Larry David

I do love a lot of the stuff he did on the softer side the past few records, even though I know I'm definitely the minority

"If I Was Your Vampire" "Just A Car Crash Away" "Devour" "Four Rusted Horses" and "Running To The Edge Of The World" would all make a top 10 list if I ever made one

Anti-Counter-Culture likes this.
  7. lina555

Regular

Yeees so soon!

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. i need to listen to those

truelovewaits likes this.
  9. Larry David

Way different than his heavier stuff, but I really enjoy them

10. Larry David

Like I said though I'm the minority that likes that style of MM, so I'd love to hear what you think @bradsonemanband

11. Honestly, I'm in the same boat as Deja. I pretty much only listen to Lest We Forget. So I have a lot of catching up to do. But I was surprised at how good this new track is so I need to go backwards now.

12. Larry David

Lest We Forget is all I used to listen to until Eat Me, Drink Me came out and I decided to give a full length a chance. It's a pretty solid record with a MUCH different sound for him. There are definitely a couple duds on it, and a good amount of cringe-worthy lyrics, but still an enjoyable listen

13. I'll give it the ol' college try!

14. Larry David

Tracks 8-10 are pretty bad musically and lyrically. Track 7's lyrics...I can't even.

Tracks 1-6 and 11 are all pretty good in my opinion.

15. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

After Riot Fest I'm going to try to really dive in to his discography. I listened to Antichrist Superstar the other day and I'm just really curious to dive in all the way.

Listening to the new song now and it sounds pretty good to me, although I can't really comment on it as a return to form, since I don't know nearly enough of his music.

16. Larry David

Outside of his Antichrist-Mechanical-Holywood stretch, most of the albums have a good amount of songs to pull from, just aren't great records as a whole.

17. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I assume you are saying "outside of" as in those pretty much are all great records right? I'll probably start by going through Antichrist again and the other two, and letting them sink in for a little bit before moving on to his more recent material.

(Unless I do decide to go to his show, and then I'll probably just start by listening to his setlist cus I'm a cheater)

18. Larry David

Yeah, those are good front-back records

19. Paul Beaumont

Enjoying this track but I'd hate to call it a return to form because his last LP had some really good songs.

skogsraet and truelovewaits like this.
  20. Larry David

It did have some good ones. I'm saying return to form moreso because of the heavier aspect. Maybe a throwback track is a better way to say it?

21. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Well this isn't specific to Marilyn Manson, but an artist can put out a great record that is not "in form". Like when Brand New released TDAG, that wasn't really "in form" for them, and you could argue that I Am A Nightmare was a return to form, even though I think most agree it's not as good as TDAG.

truelovewaits likes this.
  22. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

Yeah, the new single sounds like vintage Marilyn Manson in the best possible way. This makes seeing him later this month that much more exciting.

23. Colin Your Enthusiasm

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

DejaMoi likes this.
  25. Colin Your Enthusiasm

mattfreaksmeout likes this.