Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mariel From Candy Hearts Details Abuse From Tour Manager • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 23, 2016.

1. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

Hold up, What? Is that FPS news public?

2. Check Autumns Twitter feed.

3. Stephen Young

Regular Prestigious

Couldn't find it, but I did see her going off on that Tyler guy who slept with a bunch of underage girls and has the gall to tweet out long messages about how much he hates the scene and people being negative towards him. holy shit the lack of self awareness.

4. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

FRONT PORCH STEP HAS A NEW ALBUM RECORDED

5. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

Fucking hell no! Ewwww!

I sincerely hope it tanks.

6. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

ugh its been like what 5 days now and still no comment by seaway? Seriously hope this story doesn't die and no one is held accountable.

7. TDenverFan

Regular

They fired the tour manager

8. matthaber

I don't think an unconfirmed rumour from sub stream counts here. They need to address this in a public manor .

9. Jacob Davidson

Regular

It could be like the JJR and the Wonder Years situation where they had him fired but can't legally say anything. I have no idea though.

10. countmeout

11. JJ Pagan

Trying Hard Not To Look Like I'm Trying That Hard

12. heymynameisjoe

13. Being a better writer does not mean it's more factual.

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

This just got even more fucked up. If enough people back up what that dude says, then fair enough. Until then, this is messy enough that I'd rather wait before giving an opinion.

IF it does prove to be false, it's only going to turn the often shitty comments on these things into over drive in the future...

15. btr

Trusted Supporter

The tour manager came out and said he's no longer with them

16. Built to Fail

You and I are panoramic

Three comments on that post, all in favour of the abuser. I hate this scene.

17. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

this is so messy and there is SO much problematic shit to unpack in the whole situation, I don't even know where to begin.

18. heymynameisjoe

i guess 'fact' might've been the wrong word to use due to lack of investigative proof but, you can't deny that his story has more specific reference points that could be validated as compared to her tumblr post. regardless, i'm not looking to debate because i guarantee we both have the same values on abuse and how wrong it is. i rarely ever post on these kinds of threads but, after reading both posts, that was simply my opinion.

19. I can and do disagree.

20. heymynameisjoe

fair enough. i'm sure time will tell what kind of true character this guy has and if his story is valid or not.

21. Don't have to look far to see his history of violently removing people from shows, screaming at people, and I've heard from bands that have worked with him in the past that have many stories.

22. heymynameisjoe

didn't know any of that. i should've seen it as a sign of character when i came across his tweet that included a picture of him giving the finger to his unsuspecting students that he was subbing for... classy guy.

23. After reading his story, the only conclusion I came to is that the world is full of shitty people that need to learn to treat each other better. His story has many more points that can be backed up (can being the operative word), but of course that doesn't mean he's a saint or that no abuse took place. it sounds like both parties did some messed up stuff to each other (not that the abuse was equal, I do not have the facts to make that sort of claim) and that this is far more complicated than the black and white paint job these issues always seem to get.

Anyways, people should really think about how they treat others.

24. matthaber

Ship Without a Rudder, Response

please please please read. The fact that he would make up something like "she is bi-polar" as a way to discredit her original statement is absolutly disgusting.

25. TDenverFan

Regular

Seems like the truth lies somewhere in the middle, as almost always is the case. Would be interesting/helpful to hear Seaway's (or some other 3rd party's) take on it, but I get why they don't want to comment on it.