Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marianas Trench - Haven’t Had Enough Brackets By Now? Join Us! Bracket

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Spenny, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Spenny Feb 13, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 19, 2018)
    Spenny

Regular

As I had mentioned in the general bracket thread, I really want to run a Marianas Trench bracket. So here we go! Now that there's enough interest, we will get things started.

I will start the bracket with Fix Me/Marianas Trench EP and go on from there. There will be four rounds, culminating in a winner’s bracket to determine the final winner.

Fix Me/Marianas Trench EP
    Masterpiece Theatre
    Ever After
    Astoria + Something New EP

Rules:
    1. All participants can only vote once per round.
    2. Every round will last up to 48 hours, depending on how close the matches are and how many people have participated. I will lower this to max 24 hours once we get into the rhythm of things.
    3. As I want to participate too, I will add my votes at the very end of the round, so I will break any ties that exist.
    4. You must make a choice for every match-up in a round for your votes to count. If you haven’t heard all of the songs, then go on Spotify/Apple Music/YouTube and check out the songs you aren't familiar with before choosing.
    5. I tried my best to avoid byes, but in some cases they needed to happen. All brackets are randomly generated, so I didn't personally choose these match-ups.
    Let's have some fun! Feel free to give rationale for why you choose the picks you did.

2. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Can we just say every song's the best?

Spenny likes this.
  3. Spenny

Regular

Right!? I think this will be a fun bracket because there will be tons of tough decisions to make to whittle down their entire discography to the forum's favourite song.

4. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

these goddamn brackets threads have gone too far

ok im in

5. sawhney[rusted]2

Yeah, I don’t think this band has enough chorus-wide support since it’ll mostly be just us haha. But I’m game to have extensive convos about MT any day!!!!

JediMasterKevo182 and Spenny like this.
  6. Spenny

Regular

@CoffeeEyes17 @sawhney[rusted]2 Thanks for the interest! I said roughly ten people to get started, but will consider doing less if we get a couple more people interested. I agree that it would provide a good structure to have in-depth convos about MT, even if we don't get the same level of traction as the FOB or ATL brackets.

7. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

One I'll actually participate in

Spenny likes this.
  8. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I'm game but I'm not sure theres going to be enough people on board for it?

Spenny likes this.
  9. Spenny

Regular

Yeah, that's why I created the thread to gauge interest. Five people is a pretty decent start, given I only posted this 2.5 hours ago. I want to get around 10 or more people onboard, so there's enough people participating to keep things interesting. While it would be ideal to have at least 20 participants, I think it might be fun even with less than that to have an outlet for chatting about the MT discography among other fans.

I've been a fan of the band for nearly 12 years (since I first heard Say Anything on the radio in summer 2006) and I think they are one of the most underrated bands of the past few decades. I always enjoy getting the chance to chat about the band with other fans :)

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  10. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I'm in

Spenny likes this.
  11. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

In.

Spenny likes this.
  12. Spenny

Regular

7, including me, is a good start I would say.

If we can get a bit more interest generated, we can start the bracket as soon as tomorrow or Friday. I already have the entire bracket drafted.

13. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I don't know we'll get much more for this band. They are sort of a cult favorite, even around here hah

sawhney[rusted]2 and Spenny like this.
  14. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

I'm definitely in.

Spenny likes this.
  15. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Don't know how you feel about brackets @Jason Tate , but this is surely one you should participate in, right? B-)

Spenny likes this.
  16. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

He’s played...in two rounds. :)

Spenny likes this.
  17. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

"Call Me Maybe"

Bracket over.

18. sawhney[rusted]2

Spenny likes this.
  19. Spenny

Regular

I'm super pumped for this bracket. If we can get two more people on board, I'll start the bracket up.

JediMasterKevo182 likes this.
  20. Spenny

Regular

Bumping this back up.

21. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I’d play but I’ve never listened to them

Spenny likes this.
  22. Spenny

Regular

Give a few tracks of theirs a spin on Spotify or Apple Music and let me know what you think! Even as someone not intimately familiar with the band, might be fun to join in and use this as a way to explore their discography :P

23. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

24. Nate_Johnson

CCRN, MSN Prestigious

Spenny likes this.
  25. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I kinda don't care what wins, but I've had a really good time re-visiting some albums and songs!

Spenny likes this.