Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Marianas Trench – “This Means War” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, May 20, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. One of my favorite songs on the album.

3. Fox83

Trusted

If it were possible for them to actually break out in the US, I feel like this would be the song to do it. I doubt it will happen though. They deserve a bigger following.

4. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Favorite song on the album!

5. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I've listened to this album several times recently, it's really good.

Jason Tate likes this.
  6. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

It is very good. Did a little write-up of the title track:
    "The titular opening track to their bombastic new album, “Astoria” finds Marianas Trench in perfect form. Nearly all of their albums open and close with tracks upwards of 7 minutes, featuring many different parts and often modulating between several keys. “Astoria” is no different. It’s also an 80’s homage machine, paying tribute to Dire Straits and the Eurythmics during its running time. One highlight finds a harmony that reads, “Everything happens/ it happens/ in threes.” Here, there are three lyrical phrases in three-part harmony, modulating in three keys, and performed in 3/4. In addition to crafting carefully calculated phrases, no one has quite an ear for melody like Josh Ramsay. Co-writer of “Call Me Maybe,” he’ll often introduce a melodic phrase that could anchor a three-minute song, but drop it after thirty seconds, leaving the listener craving more. Though it took four years to finally see the light of day, “Astoria” is worth every second of the wait. "

7. TedSchmosby

Trusted

Hearing them on the radio so often in Canada, I forget that they're not bigger. It's a damn shame.

Fox83 likes this.