Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Maren Morris - Hero (June 3, 2016) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by irthesteve, Mar 22, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Debut album out June 3, 2016.

[​IMG]

RIYL: Jenny Lewis, Kacey Musgraves

Meerkat likes this.
  2. irthesteve

ATTN: @Meerkat @cshadows2887 especially.

4 songs from this album are on her debut EP from last year, go listen right now!

3. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

"80s Mercedes" is some catchy shit. Will listen to this.

4. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Her debut EP was really fantastic, so I'm excited for this.

@cshadows2887: You will LOVE "I Wish I Was." That song is her channeling her inner Bonnie Raitt.

5. irthesteve

From what I understand, "My Church" has pretty good radio success as well, she could be a STAR

6. Craig Manning

Yeah, it's been doing really well. She also opened for Chris Stapleton at his Ryman shows and they did "Free Fallin'" together, which went viral, so that'll probably help too.

7. irthesteve

Crazy stuff, and she is like.. friends with Kacey Musgraves too? I think I heard they are close

8. Craig Manning

Yeah, I think that's right. Oh, she's also opening for Keith Urban on his summer tour. So yeah, she's going to be huge. She's already blown up a ton since I first listened to that EP and that came out in like, November. Haha

9. irthesteve

Can I get a hallelujah???

I think it's funny the way I heard about her. My co-worker who is 6 years younger than me recommended her because of the Kacey connection, but then my MOM also called me and said "have you heard this girl that sounds like Jenny Lewis?" haha. Two generations hitting me at the same time turned out to be a good sign

10. Craig Manning

She was on one of the Rolling Stone Country "Artists You Need to Know" lists last fall, so I checked her out after reading that. Then before I knew it, I was hearing her songs while getting haircuts or in the grocery store.

11. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

This is on my calendar and I'm pumped

irthesteve likes this.
  12. irthesteve

Been listening to the EP a lot more, I think this album is going to be something special

13. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Yeah I'm excited for this

14. Craig Manning

I'm not sure what I want more: more super catchy pop songs like "80s Mercedes" or more soulful ballads like "I Wish I Was." I'd settle for either or both, I think.

15. irthesteve

I'm more on the pop side, but I'm sure we'll get a bit more of each`

Craig Manning likes this.
  16. irthesteve

Target exclusive bonus tracks!

1. Bummin’ Cigarettes
    2. Company You Keep
    3. Space

17. Craig Manning

Man, I'm going to be jamming this album a ton this summer. Not really a country release, honestly, but easily one of the best pop records I've heard this year. She's definitely got a knack for hooks.

18. cshadows2887

This is fucking spectacular.

Craig Manning likes this.
  19. Craig Manning

I really love this. Her vocals on the chorus to "I Could Use a Love Song" are really stunning.

cshadows2887 likes this.
  20. irthesteve

I dig this, on first listen I definitely still like the EP songs a ton more, but the others will grow, I'm sure

21. Craig Manning

irthesteve likes this.
  22. irthesteve

FYI, Kelly Clarkson sang "Second Wind" on the deluxe version of her last album. Maren wrote it.

23. shea

RIP Supporter

I really love this whole record. Listened literally all day, haha.

24. EarlyMorningRiser

Keep on the sunny side.

Went to University of North Texas, my alma mater. Add her to the growing list of musical talent from that school. Don Henley, Norah Jones, Roy Orbison, Lecrae, Eli Young Band, Ray Wylie Hubbard, etc.

Not quite as country as Kacey or Miranda, but definitely catchy. I expect her to blow up this summer.

25. cshadows2887

It's definitely still country. Just a different kind. Regardless, of genre, it's excellent

EarlyMorningRiser likes this.