Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Maps & Atlases Announce New Album; Stream New Song

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Maps & Atlases will release their new album, Lightlessness Is Nothing New, on June 1st. You can stream their new song “Fall Apart” below and pre-orders are now up.

Track Listing

1. The Fear
    2. Fall Apart
    3. Ringing Bell
    4. Violet Threaded
    5. Fog And The Fall
    6. Learn How To Swim
    7. Super Bowl Sunday
    8. War Dreams
    9. 4/25
    10. Wrong Kind Of Magic

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

reminds me of the transformation ra ra riot made. whether that's a good thing, i don't know, but this song is catchy

j0hnnyrt likes this.
  3. Helloelloallo

Trusted Supporter

I absolutely love Dave's voice and am so happy to hear it again. The song is pretty poppy but at the same time it's not a huge departure from songs they've done before. I am stoked big time for this. I have been googling every few months for info and was always seeing that they hadn't officially broken up but there was never any news of an album. I barely ever preorder albums but I'm all in on this.

Dan O'Neill likes this.
  4. thatwasamoment

Since '06

*strokes beard* now that's a name i haven't heard in a long time

5. skoopy

Regular

Its decently catchy but I definitely miss the math rock sound which these dudes pulled off incredibly well.

Dan O'Neill and j0hnnyrt like this.
  6. It's catchy, but not sure how I feel about this. I do miss the math rock sound as well!

7. The Format

Regular

Good stuff. Sounds like some of their recent albums. Tree, Swallows, Houses was still the best.