Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mansions Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Built to Fail

You and I are panoramic

6 songs, though!

2. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

I'll take 6 songs. I was starting to worry that we wouldn't get *any* more songs, so 6 is cool with me.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Fuck yeah!!!!

Of course I wish it was a full length but maybe he will release one in the new year?

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Bad Timing is putting this out. Nice.

5. Tony Danza

I was seriously just thinking about how cool it'd be if they did something electronic kind of like what David Bazan did with Blanco and Headphones. It sounds waaay cooler than expected. I'm officially stoked for this EP.

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Really into the new song. It's definitely different than his past material but I can get into it. I pre-ordered the vinyl before even listening too lol.

Chcurry182 likes this.
  7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Surprised at the very little action happening here after a single dropped.. :tear:

8. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

because there's a whole other thread?

9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Whoops!

10. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Man Doom Loop is so fucking good and my favorite of the Mansions LPs even though all three seriously rule

11. Cody

Like for real “La Dentista” just rips

12. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

well, if you folks are looking for some electronic mansions, yr gonna like this ep

Cody and cwhit like this.
  13. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

This is correct. Doom Loop fucking rules.

New song also rules.

Band is massively underrated.

14. Cody

Could someone direct me to Mansions LPs, whichever are available?

15. cwhit

The only ones available are the ones on Bad Timing, I think. Think their old label store is gone but there might be some at retail

16. cwhit

@Cody also doom loop copies on their own webstore

Cody likes this.
  17. Cody

Yep grabbed one a couple hours ago after doing some digging. Thanx!

18. owlwolfpossum

Dig up the Dead is perfect in any season but especially autumn. Spin it at night while walking through almost any city of your choosing. Maybe a little sad, but that's not a prerequisite. The imagery of black rivers, confused buildings, throwing chairs into swimming pools reminds me of college but also just the adult discontent I'm living with now. I love all of their albums ( I might like Doom Loop the best) but Dig Up the Dead is still so interesting. I hope he makes more music. Deserter felt almost like a send off of either the entire band's history, or maybe of that period. I hope it's the latter.

Night_Sky and mattylikesfilms like this.
  19. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

Mansions

Dig Up the Dead is getting re-pressed. Been waiting so long for this. We just need a 10-year tour next year.

20. mattav152

Release My Mind, My Garden Grows

THANK DOG its the only thing of theirs I don't have on wax and resale has always been way overpriced for it. The orange colorway is whatever but I'll take what I can get.

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Nice.

I still have my pink first press but I’m happy others get to finally have this amazing record on wax.

DrawYourMind likes this.
  22. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Saw activity in this thread and thought it'd be new music.

Now I'm sad.

Nick likes this.
  23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

If it makes you feel any better - I asked Chris about new music via DM on Instagram and he left me on “seen” hahah

24. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Oof. My condolences to your loved ones.

25. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Go get that DOTD repress!!!

Been waiting for this since they teased it back in the summer. One of my favourite albums. Happy to have it in physical now soon despite that Canadian shipping.