Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mansions Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Aug 11, 2016.

1. jco3

Regular

Something's gotta be brewing. Please?

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

opening up the seattle date of the TWIABP tour omg

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. T.J.

music and baseball.

damn

4. Sybil

Regular

Oh my god....a Mansions and TWIABP tour would be amazing, yes please!

mattylikesfilms and T.J. like this.
  5. cwhit

chris liked my tweet asking him about the promise of new music this year

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

6. Tony Danza

Chris is the king of tone and Doom Loop is seriously their best album. Its all killer, no filler.

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

So many people think that's their weakest record but I love it. Not sure if it's my favorite but I do love it none the less.

thenewtypetheory and Tony Danza like this.
  8. cwhit

i sonically love the direction of doom loop i just think some of the songs are amongst the weakest across the three main records

climbers, the economist, 100 degrees are top tier mansions songs, but if you're leaving, last one in, and falling down aren't great. two suits is disappointing because the live version was so fantastic and the recorded one loses quite a bit of the energy. that song was one of my most anticipated songs ever based on seeing it live, hah.

Sybil likes this.
  9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Doom Loop is such a boring sludge to get through

10. cwhit

omg the avatar is back (or was it always there and i'm just dumb)

11. irthesteve

i've had this since chorus started :tear:

12. cwhit

idk why you look different today
    life is wild

13. irthesteve

I got a haircut, it's probably that

Michael Schmidt and cwhit like this.
  14. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

Two Suits is such a cool song

mattylikesfilms and Zac Djamoos like this.
  15. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I think Flowers In My Teeth is a highlight too, personally.

mattylikesfilms and Zac Djamoos like this.
  16. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

ive never found doom loop to be much of a disappointment. it was my favorite mansions release for a while. all three are among my favorites of all time tbh

17. Sybil Sep 20, 2017
    (Last edited: Sep 21, 2017)
    Sybil

Regular

The sonic-style they wanted to go for on Doom Loop was nailed perfectly, I feel like. The album has a few classic-tier Mansions songs also! Even if it doesn't always reach the heights, and form, that DUTD posses.

DUTD is their best album imo. With NBF and DL tied but for completely different reasons.

18. vein.ftm

Trusted Prestigious

Wish I could see them with TWIABP

19. Sybil

Regular

If this band put out an album this year, I would 100 percent say this has been the best year in music in years.

Just like almost every band I'm into has released stuff this year. Such as Brand New, Circa, Manchester, Conor Oberst, Paramore, The World Is...., Julien Baker, Nicole Dollanganger, Single Mothers, Front Bottoms, Cloud Nothings(wasnt into them, but new album is fire) and even The Used's new single is pretty decent.

The only ones for me that would make this year a complete legend would be Mansions, Weatherbox, Hotelier, Kdev or Bad Books releasing this year too.

Republic Of Wolves has been working on stuff and trying to get with a label....maybe they'll release this year. One Hundred Year has been working on stuff(that one EP by them is really good, but unsure what to think of them after The World Is.. controversy). Snail Mail has just signed to Matador records, so maybe they'll have out an album this year too.

20. cwhit

Nicole Dollanganger didn’t put anything out this year that I know of

Don’t listen to OHYO.

Snail Mail is next year

21. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Nicole would make this a better year for me. It's been pretty dry my end.

22. Sybil

Regular

Nicole was about to put out an album earlier this year("Hillbilly Noir") but she scrapped it all and started over, I believe the album is still coming this year though. She's posted on social media about it coming soon.

OHYO, yeah....I'm waiting to see how good it is and for more stuff to come to light, but who knows.

Snail Mail, I just found out it's next year. Oh well.

23. Tony Danza

It took me about 2 and a half years to get into Doom Loop, gaht dam was it worth it.

mattylikesfilms and Kingjohn_654 like this.
  24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I love when that happens.

It took me almost a decade to get into Say Anything’s ... Is A Real Boy but now I love that record to death.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  25. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Doom Loop can't match Dig Up the Dead, but it had easily two of his best songs.