Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mansions Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Aug 11, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

That first record was really something special. I wish he continued making music like that

2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

you're the only person who thinks that steve

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

You and I both know that's not true

4. cwhit

true
    but it's definitely a minority opinion!!!

5. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I love DUTD, so I don't have a problem with him not continuing in the direction of the first album, but NBF is my favorite, so I can't say I wouldn't have loved it either.

Jesse West likes this.
  6. cwhit

mattylikesfilms and local_corn like this.
  7. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

FUCK

8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Truly thought he was done. Nice

9. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Yeah, I was pretty convinced there wasn't gonna be another Mansions record tbh.

Also, seems that maybe Mike Sapone might have something to do with this one?

Edit: might be reaching here, just saw that he liked the photo and that the mixing board has a piece of tape with "Questions? Call Mike" written on it.

10. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

best.news.ever.

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Dude hell yeah!

Been a fan since the very beginning when all he had was a myspace page that I got turned onto because he was friends with the dudes in Emanuel (memberrrr). I think he gets better with every release too. I was starting to get worried he was throwing in the towel like Weatherbox (another artist who was criminally underrated and generally slept on) and once I saw this on insta- I was smiling like an idiot.

zachmacD likes this.
  12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Love Doom Loop the most musically and DUTD the most lyrically.

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

100 Degrees gives me feels every time.

local_corn likes this.
  14. cwhit

I can agree with the "musically" part it just sucks that the songs aren't as good, haha

15. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

DUTD >>NBF>>>>>>>>>>Doom Loop

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I definitely enjoy the songs off Doom Loop but I do see how some people won't think it's up to par lyrically.

I'm sure whatever Chris is working on will be great considering it's been 4 years now since Doom Loop.

17. cwhit

GUYS

Nick, TheWater(s), Contender and 4 others like this.
  18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

19. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

Yes please.

20. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I have no idea how I've never come into this thread before wtf. Listening to Doom Loop again. Fine album. Wish the normal version of DUTD got repressed, one of my favourite albums.

21. adamlikesdogs

@meaninglessritual

This. For me it's miles ahead of previous albums.

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Weatherbox and Mansions are two artists that I have every single thing they've ever pressed. Because they're both so small in terms of fan size, I never expect anything to be repressed so I snatch it up as soon as pre-orders go live.

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I wonder if Chris will just self release the record this time. I would love for him to put a sale up on pledge or indie with some sweet perks. I would throw stupid money at that.

24. cwhit

[​IMG]

sorry

this isn't even fully complete, i have two more variants of DUTD acoustic and NBF that aren't on here

mattylikesfilms likes this.