Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mansions Band • Page 10

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Aug 11, 2016.

1. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

this shit is incredible

2. I would have never expected to get any further bonus material from my favorite record after all these years. Wow. "When You Said Goodbye" would have crushed me in college.

figureitout and zachmacD like this.
  3. nohandstoholdonto

honestly kinda wish some of these tracks had made the record now. would’ve helped with a little of the samey-ness I feel in the middle of the record. it’s never been an issue with the quality of songs there and more so just the lack of variety in them.

4. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I like all this more than that Big Bad single. Awesome stuff.

5. zachmacD

Trusted

Bought this as soon as I saw the post on facebook. I can’t believe he’s been sitting on these for 10 years lol.

it’s good though? I’m at my parents visiting so I can’t listen

6. zachmacD

Trusted

Are you not able to add these to your iPhone? I downloaded them on my computer then imported to Apple Music. Won’t show up on iPhone though

7. Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

I saw Mansions back in 2011(?) with Takong Back Sunday(? I think?) and got really into their first album for a while but never brached out past that. I would still put NBF on a couple times a year to really scratch that nostalgia itch until last year when I finally listened to Doom Loop and Deserter. Always late to the party but I'm glad their still active!

Still never checked out Dig Up the Dead somehow. Maybe I'll do that today.

8. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

It’s their best - enjoy

9. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

The demo version of You Got Cool is unreal?

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  10. nohandstoholdonto

I love it so much, the dryness of the vocals and the super string/attack-heavy guitar tone. out of this world

11. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Damn. Imagine getting to listen to Dig Up The Dead for the first time again.

12. zachmacD Jun 6, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 6, 2020)
    zachmacD

Trusted

Dig Up the Dead hit me like no record had ever hit before or since. My ex and I loved all their music and then broke up a month before DUTD came out. That’s one of those records that feels like it’s written just for you and should’ve done a lot more for them popularity wise

13. zachmacD

Trusted

New Mansion’s song “PPV” is out. I like it better than the last one released

14. If anyone is interested in Chris Browder's early and pre-Mansions work (Good Driver, Once More Than Never, Bristopher Crowder), I've begun populating Discography.FM's YouTube channel with a bunch of rarities from my personal collection. I'll probably add some historical context to them on the blog at some point, but wanted to get these out there.

If you're into this kind of content, consider subscribing and/or following on Twitter. This thing is just getting started and could use the support!

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh man, hearing that cover of "Buy American Machines" from Emanuel brings me backkkkk

zachmacD likes this.

16. Big Bad at Home

Tracklist:
    1. Let's Explode
    2. Power Lines
    3. To Be Free
    4. Get Loose

mercury likes this.
  17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

18. zachmacD

Trusted

19. Got mine. yeee

zachmacD likes this.
  20. zachmacD

Trusted

Just bought the vinyl. So fucking stoked for this.

when I sleep and the constant are two of my favorite Mansions songs and I can’t wait to hear them on vinyl. I used to have all of the b-sides/eps but lost them when my computer died

the addition of those two songs and removing the remix might’ve just made this my favorite Mansions’ album

21. Happy to help out with that if you're interested.

I love the new mixes on these. These tracks take on new life and fit in with the main discography a lot better now. They're more muted and fuzzy. Makes for a nice cohesive listening experience.

zachmacD likes this.
  22. zachmacD

Trusted

dude, I would love that. I’m been supporting Chris since finding him via Emanuels top 8 haha. It was such a bummer to lose all those tunes, including the self titled album.

mattylikesfilms and DrawYourMind like this.
  23. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Bad Timing is teasing a repress of Doom Loop on IG. Pre-orders drop on Monday

thenewmatthewperry likes this.
  24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Love Doom Loop but I still have my OG press. I wish that record got the love it deserved upon release.

25. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

doom loop is excellent

mattylikesfilms and Iago like this.