Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mansions Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Aug 11, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Legitimately stunned I never made a thread, shows how little I think of them anymore :(

2. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Love NBF and DUTD and the EP Initiative stuff, but Doom Loop fell a bit short for me. Still some great stuff on there, but it just didn't hit me the way their prior work did. That said, I'm still hoping we hear something from them relatively soon, and it seems they've been dropping hints that they're working on stuff so maybe we will.

doubledribble likes this.
  3. cwhit

yeah, doom loop was one of my biggest disappointments ever even though it was a good record, hah

4. cwhit

also this was a top 3 coolest thing i ever did with the site

5. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

DUYD is fabulous! I still have trouble getting into Doom Loop but really looking forward to new music!

6. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i like doom loop the most lol

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  7. cwhit

i think doom loop has several of his worst written songs pretty easily, especially in the back half

8. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

fucking love love loved Doom Loop, everything about it, right around the time that it came out. However, listened to it for the first time since then about a couple months ago, and hmm, seem to have cooled on just about the whole thing. Bummed me out hard.

9. nohandstoholdonto

New Best Friends is my favorite.

10. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think I do too although DUTD probably has my favourite songs. I still haven't listened to the first album.

11. cwhit

just relistened to doom loop and weirdly enough taking like two years off from it has made it a lot nicer to me, haha

12. cwhit

he actually has a few records before NBF: a s/t record with a bunch of early versions of NBF songs and then a few albums under good driver
    also a bunch of covers including one of Vanessa Carlton's White Houses and a mashup between Hilary Duff's Come Clean and Death From Above's Black History Month.

13. nohandstoholdonto

Have the self-titled CD, but didn't know about that other stuff. Hmm.

14. Night_Sky

Regular

I slept on Mansions for far too long and then a couple of years ago I finally gave DUTD and Doom Loop a chance, and both records really resonated with me. I honestly think that both albums are equally as strong but for different reasons. In retrospective I wish I started with NBF, as aside from a few songs it doesn't feel as refined as what came after.

15. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

back half has all the best songs

iirc y'all hate "last one in" though and that's the best song on the record

16. jco3 Aug 11, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 11, 2016)
    jco3

Regular

Love "Last One In". Fantastic song.

Really dig "La Dentista", too. I'm listening to "Out For Blood" right now, another great song.

17. cwhit

god the chorus on last one in is so bad

also i'm so disappointed in two suits because that song live before the record came out was the best and i feel the final version didn't live up to my standards at all

climbers, the economist, and 100 degrees are the best

zachmacD likes this.
  18. nohandstoholdonto

100 Degrees, Out For Blood, and Flowers In My Teeth for me probably.

Also, I liked Two Suits on the record, but I didn't ever really watch the live videos.

19. cwhit

I saw that song live like three times before it came out? Was more hyped for that song than any other live song I've ever seen

20. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

last one in is the best chorus ever, my god

jco3 likes this.
  21. cwhit

that melody is grating

22. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Not a single song on doom loop is less than great wtf

Out for blood was my fav mansions track for a long time

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  23. jco3

Regular

I think you mean 'that melody is great-ing'. B-)

24. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Great band. Great albums. Great stuff.

25. Night_Sky

Regular

Completely agree with all of this. Out For Blood is easily my favourite off of Doom Loop.

Zac Djamoos likes this.