Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mansions - Deserter (November 3, 2017) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

It's so good. Just makes me wish there was a full length coming

ECV and Aaron Mook like this.
  2. Aside from the production, which is pretty uncharted territory for this band, this reminds me a lot more of Dig Up The Dead than Doom Loop.

thenewtypetheory likes this.
  3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Has Chris said there’s not or do you mean in the very near future?

4. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Very near future

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

he said something on twitter or fb that was like "would you rather have this EP now or wait another year for a full length"

6. Sybil

Regular

Oh whoa, didnt know that. Another year, holy cow....Damn. Yeah, I guess EP. Another whole album would be fantastic though!

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Damn.. well I guess best case scenario Chris releases a full length this time next year.

8. Night_Sky

Regular

Late to the discussion but I'm ecstatic for this, give me as much new Mansions as possible.

Not 100% in on Heel Theme however I've only listened to it twice (don't want to tire of it before the EP release) but I feel that it will work better in context with the entire EP. I definitely here elements of Doom Loop (especially Flowers in My Teeth vocallly)

Shame about shipping to the UK otherwise I would have purchased this as soon as it went up last week.

9. cwhit

okay my turn to write up first impressions! back in a bit

10. cwhit

this EP is definitely in a very different headspace from doom loop. definitely a lot of interesting production choices here, quite focused on the aspect of being a studio record

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Did you get an advance of the EP?

Also: interesting. I’m stoked to hear this EP!

12. cwhit

i did, will be reviewing it myself actually

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Niceeeeee.

Looking forward to the write up!

14. I agree, this feels more like what I expect from Mansions songwriting than Doom Loop did.

15. cwhit

TWIABP cancelled the show tonight chris was supposed to play :(

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

@cwhit wrong thread for this but idk where you hang out. any decent q3 2017 emo doing the rounds? listening to that dang sorority noise a lot

17. cwhit

the "emo" thread???? lol

caracara should be first if you haven't checked that yet. new jeremy enigk is really good. strange ranger, queen moo, just neighbors, tall friend, people like you, en route

jordalsh likes this.
  18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

duh fuck me I was browsing music and saw your name @ this thread

cwhit likes this.
  19. cwhit

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This is definitely going to be a different musical direction for Chris. This reminds me of Best of the Bees with all the electronic tones.

astereo and Aaron Mook like this.
  21. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

This song is awesome.

22. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

I really love that one, way more than the first.

23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I personally dig Heel Theme more but this is good too. Can’t wait for the vinyl to come in!

24. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

@cwhit where do i start with this band.

25. cwhit

depends on what you're really looking for with the band. do you want to grow and see their progression over time? do you want to be pulled in immediately? do you have something you've heard by them and that's your starting point and you want to progress from there?

if you want to see their progression start with new best friends, it's pretty much a straight forward immature but very catchy pop rock album. if you want to be blown away from the start go from DUTD to doom loop to NBF after you're into it. if you've just heard the new song and love it, maybe start with doom loop and move backwards

matthaber likes this.