Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mansions - Big Bad (June 26th, 2020) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, May 29, 2020.

1. I posted this in the main thread for Mansions a while back, but since @Emotherapy asked here...
    There's still some left to add, but I need to generate some sort of artwork for it. For most of Chris' pre-Mansions work, official art never existed because the "releases" were often fan-assembled from various loosies collected during specific points in time.

2. travisred Aug 21, 2020
    (Last edited: Sep 14, 2020)
    travisred

Trusted Supporter

This is top to bottom pretty great. Been really feeling Redeemed lately.

zachmacD likes this.

3. Big Bad at Home

Tracklist:
    1. Let's Explode
    2. Power Lines
    3. To Be Free
    4. Get Loose

4. zachmacD

Trusted

Admittedly, I haven’t listened to this record much but that’s certainly changing as we transition to fall. With that said, I really love this record and I think it’s my favorite after dig up the dead. The only song I’m not crazy about is Black and White.

I’m also loving how engaged they’ve been with this album and hopefully they tour in 2021. If there ends up being a DUTD tour, my head might explode Haha

5. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

AOTY contender.

When Get Loose hits its just something else.

Iago, Aaron Mook and zachmacD like this.
  6. zachmacD

Trusted

The only song I’m not a fan of is black and white. I made a playlist without that song and now it’s a perfect album

7. Iago

forbidden chalice.

this is a Laser Beams stan account

Aaron Mook likes this.
  8. Iago

forbidden chalice.

Mansions was my most played artist on Spotify this year and it really made me think about how important they were to me this year. Although Big Bad wasn't my favorite album of this year (#3), I really fell in love with the band a few months before its release. Their albums revitalized my love for making music and I look up to Christian's songwriting, which has been a huge influence on my own writing. I love how raw the band can be; Dig Up The Dead / Doom Loop especially can be so barebones at times and its made me less insecure of just being alone behind my own voice and an acoustic guitar.

I really fell in love with the band this year and now Doom Loop and Dig Up The Dead are my 3rd and 4th favorite records, respectively. Every year, I spend a lot of time learning and resonating with a singular artist. Last year, it happened with Foxing, and Nearer My God came to be my 2nd favorite album of all time (after it being like what, 6th? on my album of the year list for 2018 the year before. crazy). This year, Mansions got that treatment, and I couldn't have asked for a better band to spend time with.

9. halowithascrewloose

Newbie Supporter

I back this 100%. Mansions has a special place on my arm.

Attached Files:

10. zachmacD

Trusted

when dig up the dead came out, I must’ve listened to that album everyday for at least a year. I wasn’t as big of a fan of Doom Loop but Big Bad brought me back. For better or worse, I love sad sounding music so I enjoyed the somewhat optimistic perspective of the lyrics but with melancholic instrumentation. Every time I listen to big bad, my fiancée asks me to turn it off haha

Jacob Tender and Iago like this.
  11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

figureitout likes this.
  12. They don't miss

13. Not familiar with the original but I liked this

14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I dig this cover but I do hope Chris eventually returns to a more Doom Loop-esque sound for at least an EP.

Not to sound like a caveman but I miss my drums damnit!

15. figureitout

Regular

Love this and I'm really glad to hear Chris plans on making this a regular thing.

16. The second cover in the series is "Drivers License." (song.link)

17. Leftandleaving

didnt realize it was gonna be a series. nice

18. Iago

forbidden chalice.

the new rendition of High Numbers is very nice

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

thebloodhound and Aaron Mook like this.
  20. fuck yeah

21. Does anyone have vinyl from Bad Timing? For some reason, I remember someone's copy of the Waiting repress arriving fucked up (@Leftandleaving?) and it steered me away from ordering from them, but I'm considering order New Best Friends, Best of the Bees, and Big Bad if the quality is good.

Vinyl for this also looks gorgeous.

zachmacD likes this.
  22. I’ve ordered probably 6-7 records from them and haven’t had an issue, NBF being one of them

zachmacD and Aaron Mook like this.
  23. Gonna pull the trigger then! Thanks!

trevorshmevor likes this.
  24. Leftandleaving

I never ordered waiting thru them I don’t think but that does sound like me

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. zachmacD

Trusted

looks like you made up your mind already, but I have big bad and best of the bees from them. Both sound excellent

Aaron Mook likes this.