Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mansions - Big Bad (June 26th, 2020) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Aaron Mook, May 29, 2020.

1. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Thought the first single was solid. Didn’t listen to PPV. I’m excited to hear the record!

2. HomerJay

I feel the same way. Pretty uncertain about Big Bad from the feedback I've heard, but I love Mansions. Planning on going on a midnight drive with it.

3. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I haven’t listened to this band in forever. Yep, they still hold up.

4. HomerJay

Update: It's really good. Love it.

5. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Wild. Can not wait to get time to listen.

6. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Yeah this is so subdued and different for them. I like it though.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  7. zachmacD Jun 26, 2020
    (Last edited: Jun 26, 2020)
    zachmacD

Trusted

Enjoying it so far. Different but I like it more than Doom Loop

Edit: in love with Strugglers

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This is going to take some time to grow on me. I definitely wanted another record in the vein of DUTD and Doom Loop but I’m just glad Chris is still making music. Definitely glad I ordered the vinyl too - gotta support the artists you love or they will fade away.

PPV and Leader of The Pack are my favorites.

zachmacD likes this.
  9. Iago

forbidden chalice.

loving the more low key approach to this record. kind of reminds me of the stylistic choices bands like PBTT/Foxing/MM/Menzingers did with Keep You/Dealer/MM/Hello Exile. super excited to unpack all of it. im halfway through the record and my favorites so far are "leader of the pack" and "get loose"

10. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

this album hell of rules

astereo likes this.
  11. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

like, really amazing, perfect shadowy and gorgeous follow-up to doom loop's more abrasive pleasures

12. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

"get loose" incredible

astereo and mad like this.
  13. bummed to say I found this to be very disappointing. really all blends together and feels washed out in a haze of fuzz. kinda trudges along. I gave it a few tries but I don't think this is for me unfortunately. I loved Doom Loop too.

Leftandleaving likes this.
  14. It's a beautiful day. I've listened through 3 or 4 times already. I just love this band so much.

15. zachmacD

Trusted

Maybe you've tried this, but I usually try to listen records that blend together on shuffle. a lot of times, it helps the tracks stand out on their own

I personally like the record but it is strange to me that they waited 7 years to put out a record that is so subdued

falafelmywaffle likes this.
  16. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I mean Deserted was only 3 years ago so I'd assume they weren't working on this for 7 years.

17. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I think I can get behind this.

18. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Digging the tone of this on first listen

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Power Lines should have been the opening track IMO. So good and it feels right to open the record with.

20. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

power lines is an all-timer for this band immediately. I haven’t listened to the record yet but heard it on the livestream they did just now and I was so taken aback by how much I loved it that I immediately skimmed the record to find it and goddamn. glad he put out this record if only for that song alone.

21. zachmacD

Trusted

Never said they worked on it for 7 years. It’s been 7 years since their last album and they phrased it that way in their marketing material. Even 3 years between albums is a long time so the point remains

22. halowithascrewloose

Newbie Supporter

This album is perfect. Not as good as DUTD but I enjoyed it more than the others. Some highlight songs on this as well. This band is extremely important to me and so happy Chris is still out there creating beautiful things for my ears and brain.

shameless tattoo post but damn I love DUTD

Attached Files:

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I’m not sure what the time between albums has to do with it being subdued?

loudasallgetout likes this.
  24. mad

I was right. Prestigious

love the vibes of this album. can definitely see me playing the shit out of it come winter.

damn this is incredible! are the other images from anything or just random designs?

zachmacD likes this.
  25. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

It’s a wonderful life when the angle’s just right.

zachmacD likes this.