Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mansions Announce New EP

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. crunchprank

crunchprank.net Prestigious

This is great news! I only just found out about this band last week because I saw Mat from The Front Bottoms wearing a shirt of them on I think the Audiotree sessions or some YouTube video I was rewatching. So I checked them out and have fallen in love with Dig Up The Dead. Can't wait to give this one a listen.

mattylikesfilms and zachmacD like this.
  3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

makes sense, one of TFB's first tours once they were blowing up was with mansions, hah

4. CMilliken

Trusted

Love this band. Preordered so quick!

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  5. zachmacD Oct 10, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 11, 2017)
    zachmacD

Trusted

Dig up the dead is my favorite album ever. I actually got to see mansions play with the front bottoms in my small college town on that album cycle and it was incredible. Definitely check out "unwell", "when I sleep", "the constant", and "out for blood" as well

mattylikesfilms and crunchprank like this.
  6. zachmacD

Trusted

That was such a great tour. Mansions opened with the constant and I thought I was going to have a heart attack

7. cwhit

OH FUCK YES i remember that, that was the first time i ever heard that song and i was so into that. one of my favorites now

pretty sure i saw that show pre watching Lost too, haha.

zachmacD likes this.
  8. zachmacD

Trusted

Have you ever listened to "when I sleep", "unwell", or "never enuff"? Those are all really great songs from the same timeperiod.

9. cwhit

uhhh of course i do, i have everything chris has done going back to the good driver era, haha

mattylikesfilms and zachmacD like this.
  10. As weird as it sounds, Best of the B's might actually be my favorite Mansions release, haha. I connected with so many of those songs almost immediately.

God I needed this band back in my life

CMilliken and zachmacD like this.
  11. zachmacD

Trusted

Absolutely. New Best Friends is pretty solid but by the time that album came out, those songs were like 3 years old so I was pretty over them by then. But everything since including Best of the B-sides and all those random eps has been gold.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. ummmm, fuck yes.