Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Maniac (Netflix, Emma Stone, Jonah Hill) TV Show • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by irthesteve, Apr 18, 2018.

1. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I genuinely think all the leads (Stone, Hill, Theroux, Mizuno and Field) all absolutely crushed it. Wasn't really a weak link in the story, was pretty invested in everyone equally (maybe slightly less into Field's CHARACTER, but she was so good at being unlikeable)

imthesheriff likes this.
  2. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Good call on the shout out to Mizuno. I absolutely loved that character and her performance.

imthesheriff likes this.
  3. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I've enjoyed her in everything I've seen. Excited for Alex Garland's new FX show starring her.

4. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

Can we talk about how this thing's score is amazing?

Dinosaurs Dish likes this.
  5. Marx&Recreation

Trusted

The trial was so stupid lol. “Yeah there’s literally a video of him doing it but we still need you, a schizophrenic man, to lie on the stand about being with him, and then push you out of the family when you tell the truth that everyone in the courtroom is abundantly aware of”

stars143 and OotyPa like this.
  6. T.J.

music and baseball.

This was really fun. I feel like I'd need to watch it again to fully digest and understand it.

The final scene gave me chills.

7. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

It’s me, Owen as a hawk!!

8. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

The setting is so cool, like what someone in The 80’s thought the future would be like

9. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

So that drill scene was.....something

OotyPa and trevorshmevor like this.
  10. sawhney[rusted]2

Ending of the second episode. Holy shit

Connor likes this.
  11. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

On episode 4 of this and i’m thoroughly enjoying it. Very unique. Jonah is putting in a hell of a performance.

Connor likes this.
  12. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

This show really highlights how good Stone is too. Her expressions are incredible

trevorshmevor and imthesheriff like this.
  13. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah both Jonah and Emma kill it.

Connor likes this.
  14. sawhney[rusted]2

Lmao vr hentai incredible

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  15. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

Loved this show. Emma crushed it.

16. Just finished episode 8. I’ve only had the mental capacity to watch like two episodes of this at a time, but still really enjoying it. I just love Sally Field so much

17. Doomsday

Trusted Prestigious

This show is fucking amazing

18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Finished yesterday.

I really liked this. The penultimate ep especially. Lot of emotions throughout the season, and I quite enjoyed the actress who played the Dr. Azumi.

mattfreaksmeout and I Am Mick like this.
  19. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Finished this yesterday. I really enjoyed most of it. I'd say the ending was a bit underwhelming (someone mentioned the ridiculousness of the trial--I agree) and some of the trip sequences didn't 100% work for me, but I can respect the writers' audacity to actually go there and follow through. Jonah and Emma give all-star performances and I'd say they were my favorite part of the story, whereas Theroux' character provided many lols. I wish this was getting a second season. I feel like the world they've created could really grow if they had no limitations in mind.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  20. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

I saw a theory online that they shouldn't return to their story at all, but do another season on a different floor of that corporation that has some other kind of product testing.

I'm totally down for that because the world building is probably my favorite thing about this season.

21. sawhney[rusted]2

So this was overall, very solid.

First two episodes were absolutely stellar. Like others said, the dream sequences were entertaining, but some didn’t quite get there tbh. Also, Jonah Hills performance in some spots were just flat out not good. The writing was a bit inconsistent with the humor as well. Also, Owens confrontation was much less themically and emotionally focused than Annie’s, and it made for a more whelmed ending, rather than overly brilliant.

One of my favorite concepts and worlds out right now though. The retro-futurism is such a great touch, and was very immersive to the point where I forgot that it wasn’t real at points. And Justin Theroux, what a goon. Was nice to see him flex his comedic muscles again, and had a surprisingly resonant core too. his story of the boat ride to azumi at the end was brilliant acting, you could feel the emotion of the character. Absolutely heartwarming moment. And Sally Field with a fantastic performance as well. And Frank Azaria!
    What a great cast for this show, and I love how the actors really went for it. This entire show has a certain vibe to it where everyone who participated wanted to immerse themselves in this world/characters. Cary is one of the best tv auteurs

Overall a solid 8/10

22. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I really liked this. I expected this to be more sci-fi from the trailers, but it being a more character story was good, especially the way it turned out.

23. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I'm 4 episodes in and I am thoroughly enjoying this weird and unpredictable ride.

24. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

Finished this last night and I really loved it. It was a very cool world to spend some time in and I loved Jonah and Emma in it. I really cared about both their characters and I enjoyed learning a little bit more about what really happened to each of them as the story went. I also loved that James was facing his own demons in the real world as his subjects were in the computer. I half expected him to wake up. Also this is the saddest I’ve ever been about the death of a computer. This is definitely a show I’ll want to re watch.

Also about the trial, I think kind of the point was that the family was deranged, and they were asking the impossible of Owen, with no regard to his mental state. There was never really a chance Jed was not going to be guilty, which makes it all the more horrible what they were putting Owen through. Just my interpretation though.
    I really hope they don’t revisit this exact story, but I love the idea of going to a trial on a different floor.

25. jorbjorb

7 rings

Half way through and I don’t know what’s going on.