Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mandy Moore Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Meerkat, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Mandy Moore began her singing career at age 15 when she released her debut album So Real. After two more full lengths, she released Coverage, a twelve song cover album. Coverage was then followed by GOAT albums Wild Hope and Amanda Leigh.

2. Meerkat

Amanda Leigh is such an ambitious record

3. Meerkat

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Wild Hope and Amanda Leigh on repeat forever and ever and ever. New music please Mandyyyyyy

5. Meerkat

I'm jamming to "I Wanna Be With You". What a great song

6. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

The fact that you exclude Coverage from her GOAT albums hurts my heart.

iplaydrums likes this.
  7. Meerkat

The only reason I did that is because, in my eyes, that's kind of her turning point record. It puts a clear divide between Pop Star Mandy Moore and Singer-Songwriter Mandy Moore

8. Meerkat

@schlotty Have you heard any of her three most recent albums?

(This is my attempt to turn this website to MandyMoore.fm)

9. Kiana

Goddamn, man child Prestigious

I am here and ready to discuss my love of Mandy

ChaseTx and iplaydrums like this.
  10. cshadows2887

schlotty likes this.
  11. Meerkat

Okay friend. You've gotta hear Undercover, Wild Hope, and Amanda Leigh. Undercover is a great covers album (her cover of "Have A Little Faith In Me" is an all time top cover for me). After that, she was shopping herself to record labels but everyone wanted to her to stay in her original bubblegum pop lane so she said screw it and recorded the whole album in her friend's basement. She co-wrote with The Weepies, Rachael Yamagata, Chantal Kreviazuk, and others. Then for Amanda Leigh she she teamed up with Mike Viola (did the lead vocals for the movie That Thing You Do!, has worked with Ryan Adams) and they put out a very interesting album with a lot of theatrical and orchestral elements. I enjoyed a lot of the songs she did as a teenager, but you can really tell this is the music she wants to make and she's finally using her artistic and lyrical voice.

schlotty likes this.
  12. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I miss her being everywhere. We need a Mandy Moore resurgence

13. I'm still a huge sucker for her self-titled album.

14. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I think I only know the song Candy from a while ago. I vaguely remember there being one or two other records after that. I had no idea she was releasing new music still.

summertimejesus likes this.
  15. cshadows2887

The reimagined version of "Candy" she's done live in recent years is SO much better. It actually sounds appropriately sexually charged sung by an adult in that setting.

Granted, when I was a teenager I thought it was hot that it was sung by a teenager, so maybe they achieved their aim.

16. Michael Schmidt

Damn @cshadows2887 I have a decent list developing for things to listen to including some Whitney stuff and now Mandy. Not what I was expecting at all.

17. cshadows2887

Hah. No pressure. I'm not going anywhere. Any time you're like "Oh shit I should finally check out ___________" you can ask for a rec.

Everyone's so excited to talk music on here right now that I'm worried people will get overwhelmed.

Maybe I'll make Whitney the subject of a Weekly Classic Artist thing.

18. irthesteve

Uh you need to find me a video of this please please please

19. cshadows2887

Crappy audio, but this is the gist:

20. Michael Schmidt

I think it's cool people are on here sharing and actually listening to recommendations. I love when people check something out that I suggest and deliver a follow up, good or bad. One thing I notice in my daily life is that people brush other's recommendations off a lot. Music or non-music related. I make it a point to go through each one. I note it, get to it, and report back. It's just a respect thing for me. On a board, if someone is going to take the time to single my post out and suggest something, the least I can do is hold up my end.

21. cshadows2887

Hah yeah. I can just be forgetful sometimes. And a procrastinator. But I am always in good faith about meaning to listen.

22. Michael Schmidt

At some point this weekend watching college basketball, I will probably go through some Whitney Houston and Mandy Moore music. Never thought that would be the case haha.

23. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I had a pretty big crush on Mandy as a kid, so when I learned she was making more mature music I had to check it out. Haha

24. irthesteve

25. cshadows2887

She is still my #1 most attractive person in the world. Can't tell you the arched eyebrows I get every time I tell people that.

ChaseTx likes this.