Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mandancing - The Good Sweat (November 20, 2020) Album • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Leftandleaving, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Mattww and .K. like this.
  2. Leftandleaving

3. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

man this is so good what the hell

4. Leftandleaving

What did I tell ya

Mattww and phaynes12 like this.
  5. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

Mattww and Leftandleaving like this.
  6. Jbent

Trusted

My favorite track from this album has changed 5 or 6 times since it was released

Leftandleaving likes this.
  7. goosetoph

u wut m8?

The "in the desert, in the desert, in the desert now" part on Wall Spot give me chills every time...so damn good.

8. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

Oh man I wish I heard this last year - it's exceptional

Mattww likes this.
  9. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

I love when a run goes on this thread just exclaiming this album is so freggin good because this album is so freggin good.

10. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

It’s still crazy how underrated this was last year.

.K. and Mattww like this.
  11. James Jamz

Project Manager @ Know Hope Records

Hey all,

I just want to say thank you. I've been reading all of these comments and it really means the world to us.

We do this because we love it and we intend to take this as far as it can go. With that being said, we'll be announcing a very special online live-performance for late March soon.

After that, we begin writing a new album. Stick with us and feel free to pick up a copy of The Good Sweat.

Mad love,
    Your friends in ManDancing

ManDancing - "The Good Sweat"

12. Mattww

Regular

star struck ☝️☝️

seriously The good sweat was my favourite album from 2020, haven’t connected with a record this much since PBTT keep you

so thanks for being awesome

James Jamz likes this.
  13. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

yeah this one is special.

Mattww likes this.
  14. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

the amount of times i've rewinded on "the good sweat" to hear the chorus again is absurd.

James Jamz and Leftandleaving like this.
  15. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I like how this record is not just one thing musically. It doesn’t feel like it’s wrote to fit into a certain genre. Maybe that’s why I’d liken it to Manchester Orchestra’s I’m Like A Virgin Losing A Child. It’s just interesting all the way through.

16. GBlades Mar 12, 2021
    (Last edited: Mar 12, 2021)
    GBlades

Trusted

I've been listening to this a lot again recently and it just hits in different ways.

EDIT: Good ways.

Mattww likes this.
  17. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

I've always hoped MO would release some songs in that vein again but they never really have hit that chord. RAGC does it a bit better at this point. I've liked everything MO has done, but it's felt less personal for me.

But this album, holy cow. It almost feels like that redone sequel that comes out 20 years later that just hits the spot. So excited for the next out of this band and I hope it stays true to this in some way. Their stuff before this was super super raw in a way I loved and I was shocked to see them put it together in a way that deserves massive widespread success.

I really don't see it as copycat at all, just a genre that has more room. Bands seem to get un-raw as they progress with trouble duplicating emotional experience that really keep into it. I think bands like Hot Mulligan and Brand New were able to do that over the years without getting repetitive. Damn, got to love bands that make you feel when you listen.

18. shea

RIP Supporter

.K. and Thrillcollinz like this.
  19. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Does AudioTree still post new stuff on YouTube? I feel like I’ve watched a lot of sets from bands who are good but get less press through audiotree

20. shea

RIP Supporter

Thrillcollinz likes this.
  21. shea

RIP Supporter

They’re stupid good live lol

22. Leftandleaving

oh my god this version of perch

shea likes this.
  23. +/-

Damn. So good all around.

24. Thrillcollinz

Try to stay afloat

Fuck I hope they can come to the UK when everything isn't as broken anymore

25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Performance is a little rough around the edges and that’s perfectly ok. Bands like this who are just starting to make their mark would have really benefitted from touring. Having only heard of this band leading up to their album release last year, my expectations for their future are quite high. Great album. It still feels like they have natural flourishes that reminds me of other bands I like without trying to copy. I remember with Spanish Love Songs I thought “this band is good and can’t wait to see what’s next” and they dropped great record. Kind of feeling like there is a possibility these guys could be bound for a cool follow up.