Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Mandancing - The Good Sweat (November 20, 2020) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Leftandleaving, Oct 15, 2020.

1. nickdr921

Regular

This is crazy good. Great listen with my morning coffee. I grew up in The same scene that these guys came out of and it’s awesome to see them doing their thing and i really hope they get recognized for this record and find some major success. Used to watch this kid play open mics and it was absolutely unreal. Mandancing!

trevorshmevor likes this.
  2. nickdr921

Regular

Also holy fuck to “perch”

3. CAC3

Dog

I have never heard of this band before, but goddamn this album is good. Reminds me a lot of Jimmy Eat World.

4. Fletchaaa

Trusted Supporter

This is awesome

5. the drumming on this is bananas

Carrow likes this.
  6. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

This is amazing. I’ll be listening for a while.

7. trevorshmevor likes this.
  8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I had only heard the single which was really good and I will be listening to the album tonight based off my initial impression and the positive feedback.

9. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah this is great

10. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Get some early Dangerous Summer and Have Mercy vibes from this.

11. mad

I was right. Prestigious

good fucking album here

12. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

So much different from his old stuff, but man does this shit rip. I'm not usually a guy who notices drums, but holy yea. I hear that Have Mercy, Manchester Orchestra, Newer Brand New, a lil Moneen, Dangerous Summer sounds but it still feels fresh to me. Instrumentation is just vibrant. This is going to be a favorite. These guys did a great job on this.

Elder Lightning and xapplexpiex like this.
  13. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Moneen! That’s who they remind me of.

14. wait till y’all get a chance to see him drum in person, whenever that may be

15. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

On my first listen. There are elements that remind me of different bands.

Im hearing Manchester Orchestra ILAVLAC on Kenlock, Coffer and more, From Indian Lakes on Wall Spot, BN TDAG meets the song Daisy on Glove Sweat and more a little more toned down BN on Perch and few other spots, a little Sweet Disposition on the RJW bridge, musically moneen on Poplar Mobus among other things.

I do think upon more listens it’ll take on a life if it’s own. But not a bad way to draw us in. I like it.

peripheralvision likes this.
  16. J12

Trusted Supporter

Discovered “Coffer” a few weeks ago thanks to Future Teens on Twitter. Loved it and got me excited for the record. Damn, it’s great.

Definitely hear the Manchester Orchestra comparison, which is great, because I frequently say they blend everything I want in a band almost perfectly.

xapplexpiex likes this.
  17. I got a lot less ManOrch from this than I thought I would based on the thread. Pancakes for sure though

18. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

Same. I wouldn’t have made the connection myself. If anything, I’d say The Dangerous Summer or Moneen.

beachdude and trevorshmevor like this.
  19. I get it based on their past material, the debut LP is very Manchester knock off. This reminds me much more of like.... Special Explosion with a lot more energy

20. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Mostly the vocals imo

Carrow and trevorshmevor like this.
  21. shea

RIP Supporter

I’ve played a few songs from this for my wife and she immediately asked if Andy started a new band. The vocals are dead on in most of the quieter parts. I’ve never really found the actual music to sound like them at all though.

22. Leftandleaving

I get ILAV vibes on a couple songs. I do hear early have mercy too, and some moneen in the vocal melodies

trevorshmevor and shea like this.
  23. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

This is really cool. Yeah, I agree that the vocals remind me of a lot of Andy, but the music (especially guitars) reminds me more of other bands... The Dangerous Summer being a big one.

Elder Lightning likes this.
  24. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

People be like "Well it sounds like Manchester Orchestra." Man that's one of the best bands on the planet for the past 10 years. Not like anyone could get into a studio and write songs like that. Plus obviously this is way, way more than a MO sound a like album.

beachdude and Elder Lightning like this.
  25. Leftandleaving

dont really hear much tds in this

.K. likes this.