Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Manchester Orchestra Band • Page 82

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

I will admit, that on occasion I have had major issues with their sequencing. I think Simple Math is the best they've ever done on that front, aside from Black Mile, given it's a concept record.

2. WasEmoRocknowImjustold

Not newbie, I think Supporter

I'm Like a Virgin every time. I absolutely love METN but it's less consistent for me. Black Mile has some amazing songs. Cope is the weakest and Simple Math only a few. I enjoy every song they put out, but emotionally nothing can take me back to ILAV, probably just the time of life it hit me.

3. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

4. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

As much as I adore MO and Kevin, I haven’t *loved* either of their albums as much as I would expect given how much I love other work.

That’s not to say there aren’t songs from both albums that I love, and I generally really like both albums. I feel like that’s partially because they seem less collaborative and more like, here’s a few songs each of us wrote let’s put them on a record.

Anyways, my point is I have a good feeling about this one. I feel like it will be the one that I finally love. Expecting it to be great either way.

5. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

:hearno::seeno::speakno:

CAC3 likes this.
  6. AshlandATeam

Trusted

It’s entirely possible I like Bad Books more than MO. Or at least that I’ve listened to that project more. Which is weird, since I definitely consider MO one of my favorite bands.

contra11mundum likes this.
  7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

So fucking hype

8. Dog Fish

Mutt

friday...

9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

10. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

That’s how the first album came together.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

JBoch likes this.
  12. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

This is exactly how I feel. I've tried to love the first two but haven't been able to fully get into them.

CoachBalke and contra11mundum like this.
  13. AngryMan

Regular

chewbacca110, coleslawed and teebs41 like this.
  14. contra11mundum

coleslawed and teebs41 like this.
  15. contra11mundum

COPE is 5 today. Still listen to it all the time!

coleslawed, Cameron, teebs41 and 4 others like this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Love COPE production aside

contra11mundum likes this.
  17. contra11mundum

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Same

19. Jesse West Apr 2, 2019
    (Last edited: Apr 2, 2019)
    Jesse West

Cursed by my ancestry

Some how, some way, COPE was the first full MO album I listened to. I had heard I've got friends on the radio years prior but COPE was my first real introduction to the band. Maybe its just because I had literally no expectations but I loved it. Time and getting super into the rest of thier stuff has revealed its flaws but still a really special album to me.

BoldTitan and coleslawed like this.
  20. OptionParalysis

I’m not sure if their don’t speak cover has been discussed here but about once a year when I feel real low this song creeps into my head and every time I hear it it’s just as crushing as the first.

21. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

O’Bro did great work on this too. Had a long conversation with them about this coming about. So good.

22. Some good stuff on their IG story

musicfan9795 likes this.
  23. BoldTitan

Trusted

That new stuff sounds pretty sweet. Almost Black Mile meets METN....could this be the fully evolved METN jams with the Black Mile maturity and mastery album?

musicfan9795 and .K. like this.
  24. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I was just coming here to post about their IG. Sounds phenomenal.

beachdude, musicfan9795 and astereo like this.
  25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow I really like that. Very different for them but I’d be down for that direction for sure!

beachdude and musicfan9795 like this.