Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Manchester Orchestra Band • Page 78

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

I’ve heard that a few times in my life.

Also, salute for taking that picture. It’s a stupid amount of work.

BoldTitan likes this.
  2. AngryMan

Regular

3. BoldTitan

Trusted

I love this band so much. I can proudly say there isn't a single album of theirs that is meh. They're all fantastic. I probably play Cope and Virgin the least and then I'm here in my car jamming to every Stone and see it again and then throw on I can barely breathe and just an blown away

beachdude, ncarrab and teebs41 like this.
  4. travisred

Trusted Supporter

I’m going to take a wild guess that there’s going to be a Bad Books single tomorrow.
    Throughout the year he’s been tweeting the names of songs right before they release them so.

Connor and teebs41 like this.
  5. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I hope so. I was listening to some KevDev and Bad Books songs yesterday and wondering when they were going to mention Bad Books since both MO/Kevin our out on their own tours.

6. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Man. I would be so down. What’s it been, like 6 years since their last album?

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Could be releasing a one-off single before the tour like TFB did. Wouldn’t really make sense to release a Bad Books song right before an MO tour.

8. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I don’t see the tweets. Did they get taken down?

9. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Looks like he deleted all 3.

10. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I was just listening to I and II yesterday wondering when new music is coming. Very excited.

11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Andy said in a podcast early last year that Bad Books III probably wouldn't happen until 2019, which makes sense given that Black Mile was released summer of 2017 and they toured off of it and will do this last tour for Black Mile in the Winter and then open things up in 2019 for BBIII

12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

They could release a song now and release the album early 2019. I don’t know if they’d tour as much with Bad Books.

teebs41 likes this.
  13. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Bad Books sold out Newport Music Hall in Columbus, which is like, a 1800-2,000 person cap when they toured 2013. They also sold out Webster Hall - and many other shows on that tour. I don't see why they wouldn't tour, because they do very well on the road.

mercury likes this.
  14. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

To be fair The Front Bottoms were opening, but yeah they still probably do really well

15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Correct, however they were not nearly as popular as they were in early 2013 as they were now. Talon of the Hawk hadn't even come out yet. I was into them then, but I felt like I was in the minority at that show.

16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Well if Manchester Orchestra is their main project, and they want to produce, do Bad Books and score movies, I think that would fit well between MO album cycles.

Also, Kevin has suggested he may not so full records anymore as a solo artist. He will still record and your (and at that point he had a touring stint booked with Brand New). The idea was to balance being a musician and a parent/husband. His tours in the pst few years have been shorter runs too, which is understandable. He almost books in blocks or regions.

That’s why I could see them touring Bad Books less. The fan bases are both there. The music is good. I just don’t see the Bad Books World Tour happening. I could see them doing a block of dates east coast. West coast. A stint in Europe. Hopefully some Canadian dates. All broken up into stages.

17. serotonin

who told you this room exists? Supporter

What were the tweets stating? Can't see them anymore.

Dog Fish likes this.
  18. travisred

Trusted Supporter

The first tweet early in the week said “Allentown”. The next tweet Thursday said “allentown”. And then he tweeted a picture of what looked to be zoomed in art work that had “allentown” in cursive.

coleslawed and serotonin like this.
  19. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Bad Books playing Shaky Knees next year

Serenity Now, serotonin and mercury like this.
  20. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I can't wait to finally see Bad Books and to get some new tunes

21. Dog Fish

Mutt

Hopefully this means BB3 early 2019.

serotonin likes this.
    jordalsh and coleslawed like this.
  23. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

Get stoked, y’all.

24. teebs41