Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Manchester Orchestra Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

Cope is the worst, besides the title track.

loudasallgetout likes this.
  2. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Cope is great from a pure songwriting perspective, the production really let's it down.

ILAV is their best record

3. AngryMan

Regular

I think Andy took a huge step back with the songwriting on Cope, and with the third RAGC album, if I'm being honest. And I think they failed with the "pound you over the head" production-style they were going for because most of the songs are mid-tempo and in the typical pop song structure.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  4. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

this is ridiculous imo, cope is such a strong record song-to-song

5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

this

KidLightning and heartbeatsbrain like this.
  6. heartbeatsbrain

Regular

I can't think of a single Manchester Orchestra record that I've been disappointed with. There have weak songs sure, but as a whole I've enjoyed each.

coleslawed likes this.
  7. LionInMyPocket

I was born in a swamp, born with no clothes on

I feel like Cope was a great follow-up to Simple Math. I needed those harder faster songs after the slower ones from SM. ManOrch can do no wrong in my opinion. I'm excited for the SAM soundtrack but patientally waiting for the COPE follow up. Or maybe he can just go co-write Act VI with Casey!!! Also been asking for years but still waiting on the "My Pals" project that was supposed to be Andy & Brian Warren of Weatherbox.

8. travisred

Trusted Supporter

The third RAGC album is the best one though!

coleslawed and AngryMan like this.
  9. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

According to Casey, Act VI won't be a rock album. No idea what that means entirely, but I wouldn't want Andy (or anyone really) to co-write it honestly. Red EP is as much Andy/MO in Dear Hunter that I want. Haha I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not.

10. AngryMan

Regular

I go back and forth between The Eventually Home and The Bitter End. I still enjoy the third, but there are a few tracks I find myself skipping, and a few lines I wish didn't exist.

11. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

no question in my mind that The Church of the Good Thief is the best RAGC album

Serenity Now and coleslawed like this.
  12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

No question that live at the knitting factory is the best right away great captain record and it isn't even close

13. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Church has some of the best and worst songs of the trilogy.

AngryMan likes this.
  14. AngryMan

Regular

My thoughts exactly.

15. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

i'm definitely in the camp of cope/church of the good thief being the weakest output of both projects (post nobody sings anymore).

i always held andy in the highest regard as far as my favorite songwriters go but i can't help but feel a bit letdown with his recent output. maybe it's just me.

AngryMan likes this.
  16. AngryMan

Regular

At a Bad Books show at the end of 2012, Andy introduced Pyotr by saying "I've only written two good songs this year. This is one of them..." I'm scared he's run out of mojo, what with the hundreds of songs he's written that will never see the light of day.

17. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

I'd agree if I could get my hands on a copy.

teebs41 likes this.
  18. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

Church Of The Good Thief is easily the best andy hull record smdh

coleslawed likes this.
  19. travisred

Trusted Supporter

What songs do y'all particularly not like on Church?

20. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I Am Aware, Fur Stop Caring, Memories From the End Pt1 & 2.

And it's not like I don't like them, they just don't blow me away like the others. I really really really love every other 7 songs though.

21. coleslawed Jun 28, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 28, 2016)
    coleslawed

Eat Pizza

those first 2 are literally my favorite songs on the album.

22. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

First two on the album or that I just listed?

23. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

24. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

That's the beauty of art though. Everyone appreciates different things for different reasons. There's no right or wrong answer to what Andy's best album is or which songs are the worst.

25. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I can get that. I'm not a huge fan of I Am Aware and I would agreed the two closing tracks are weaker as well. But I love Fur Stop Caring. The "Stupid is as stupid does" lines and the way they're delivered get me every time.