Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Manchester Orchestra Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I like Simple Math, but there are some corny lyrics that throw me out of it (the title track especially). "Virgin" also bums me out because I feel like that the production sucks the life out of it. The guitars feel like theyre going to crash but they dont. It's sort of subdued in a way where its loud but its not impactful.

"Deer" is a top 5 MO song tho.

2. Deathco_019

Drummer

The production sucks the life out of that entire album.

3. MrAirplane

Trusted

Agree about the corny lyrics but I feel like "...so my albums would never burn" is one of the worst

Iago likes this.
  4. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

probably one of my favss from the album. the whole "abandon my blemish" line gets me every time.

also listened through the whole ragc discog a few days back. still think The Eventually Home was his best and it's not really close. Church is 2nd. I don't go back much to Bitter End anymore.

heartbeatsbrain and Iago like this.
  5. bedwettingcosmo

spinning simple math again this AM. Crazy we are only a few weeks out from it's 5 year anniversary. definitely my 2nd fav MO album.

leaky breaks is so relatable for me...such an underrated closer. really miss jeremiah's bass lines

6. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I was listening to it today too! I love the closer.

7. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

"New Swiss Army Man (Red Band) Trailer... You can hear a few different tunes we did in this one. We can't wait to release the Soundtrack! Coming Soon."

LionInMyPocket likes this.
  8. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Got into Manchester with ILAVLAC and fell in love. METN topped it and is amazing. SM felt like a let down at the time but I find myself listening to it the most of them all now. Leave it alone is my favourite but the last three songs are killer. Cope doesn't exist in my mind.

Benjamin Lee likes this.
  9. Jose

weightless in the valley

Simple Math is a top 5 album for me, so it's my MO fave. Of course, production problems and all that but I'll be damned if I'm not singing along each time it spins.

10. Deathco_019

Drummer

ILAV is the only one I ever really find myself going back to. Every now and then I'll put METN on though.

11. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

A few years ago when I was listening to Alice and Interiors my mom told me it was really annoying. I tend to agree with her now.

12. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I tend to dislike Alice and Neighborhood more with each listen.

loudasallgetout likes this.
  13. Deathco_019

Drummer

I love Alice And Interiors. One of my favorites from the album.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Alice and interiors are great. Not a bad song on that record

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  15. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Do you have the CD?

16. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

They finally added The Church Of The Good Thief on Apple Music.

teebs41 likes this.
  17. irthesteve

This movie is going to be so fucking weird

teebs41 and Benjamin Lee like this.
  18. AngryMan

Regular

And here's the entire song:

Sounds fantastic.

19. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I am so jazzed for that soundtrack

coleslawed and teebs41 like this.
  20. irthesteve

that song's pretty cool

21. bedwettingcosmo

that sounds like strawberry jam era animal collective. haha so weird. but fantastic.

teebs41 likes this.
  22. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I agree with all points made here. Virgin is so fantastic live though. I remember being so surprised at how much I liked it live the first time I saw them play it. I HATED how over-the-top it sounded up until that point on the record.

It just seems like they were reaching a bit too much with the entirety of Simple Math and then they over-compensated with their attempt to course correct with COPE.

If you mixed the two releases, both in theme, feel, and approach, I bet there'd be something special there.

teebs41 likes this.
  23. bedwettingcosmo

24. heartbeatsbrain

Regular

I remember I was listening to the RAGC trilogy from beginning to end one day, and my sister pulled me aside later to ask me if I was depressed. I couldn't stop laughing.

25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious