Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Manchester Orchestra Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. local_corn

an existential crisis mixtape

Haha no I wish. Found that years ago but cannot remember where or who its by.

2. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Really sad to hear this!! :-/

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

After seeing Andy perform two nights in a row, one solo and one with Manchester, it's clear that they have moved into being one of my favorite bands. You have to see this band live to truly "get" them.

NationalPhenomenon likes this.
  4. Deathco_019

Drummer

This band is a whole other animal live than on record. I don't really listen to them much anymore besides ILAV and a few other songs here and there, but I will absolutely see this band live of they're bringing a good lineup with them. These guys turn it up to fucking 11 when they play. Loudest band I have ever seen, bar none.

5. Iago

forbidden chalice.

The record that finally captures that monster of a live sound of theirs will no doubt become their best.

teebs41 likes this.
  6. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Yeah, the last two albums have certainly moved away from the sound they have live, to me. The first two seem to capture that energy far better than Simple Math and Cope. I'm a huge fan of Simple Math, but the live versions of those songs, especially "Pale Black Eye," are really something else.

teebs41 likes this.
  7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I've been thinking about that a lot, I'm just not sure how they would do it. I would say write an album, tour the record, and then record! Ha

Iago likes this.
  8. Iago

forbidden chalice.

That would be an interesting roll out. Sort of like how Kanye kept editing his record after it was out. You'd hear many alternative versions of songs before the official one surfaced on the album release's recording.

9. Deathco_019

Drummer

Well everything about Cope is just destined to be played live and loud, but the record obviously doesn't reflect that because the production is awful.

As far as Simple Math goes, I think the production just completely sucks the life out of those songs, which is unfortunate considering all the various instrumentation they brought in on that album (strings, brass, etc).

10. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

I think they just need to work with another producer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but every album has been self-produced with Dan Hannon. I'd love to see them work with someone else that would get them out of their comfort zone.

11. Deathco_019

Drummer

They worked with somebody else on Mean Everything To Nothing, but I think Hannon played a role on that album as well.

12. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

Okay, yeah, Joe Chiccarelli produced METN with Hannon. (METN is still my favourite Manchester album, so hey, maybe that has something to do with it!)

13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow this right away great captain live album is just absolutely incredible. The church of the good thief songs work really well in this setting. I prefer these versions much more to the studio ones. Also the older songs are actually a lot cleaner on here ha, the guitar sounds incredible and his voice is absolutely stunning. I couldn't be happier with the album.

atticusfinch likes this.
  14. teebs41 Apr 10, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 10, 2016)
    teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

One more thing, when I'm listening to this i often forget that it's a live album until someone coughs or they clap at the end of a song. Album feels very real, very clean. It's shows how great of an artist he is that these songs are so clean live.

15. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

So...you know the question that's coming...

Snewt likes this.
  16. atticusfinch

Together We'll Fight the Long Defeat Supporter

For all of those hoping to hear the live album for RAGC, there you go!

Attached Files:

17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

No lol? If it's about all get out, I'm actually not sure. I met with Nathan to talk about mixing my bands record and we talked about that for a while and then I felt like I needed to move along since other people wanted to meet with him. Haha

18. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

So pleased it's going to have an online release. Thanks for sharing!

teebs41 and atticusfinch like this.
  19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

He should be proud of it, it's such a fine addition to the project. I really prefer a lot of these live versions to the studio ones.

20. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

haha, i was actually talking about if you would share the version as it appeared it wasn't going to be released publicly, but now that I know that it is, never mind. I don't have any questions about AGO ;)

teebs41 likes this.
  21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

So apparently the new RAGC live album is the first of three. Eventually every song from the trilogy will be recorded live and on cd to act as a companion piece. This live cd is amazing so if the other two are even close, this is great news

airik625 and KennedyBN like this.
  22. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Wish I could snag one.

23. atticusfinch

Source? That sounds legit, but I'm going to tame my excitement.

24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm part of a fb group called Andy hull is my captain, Andy just joined the group and has been giving us some inside information.. Also that is why there is the number one on he cd

fenway89 and atticusfinch like this.
  25. atticusfinch

duuuude. I noticed that and was wondering why! haha. Thanks man.

teebs41 likes this.