Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Manchester Orchestra Band • Page 124

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

You get access to everything that has been posted in the past when you join that tier. That’s how Patreon works.

The “getting access to everything” by joining and then immediately leaving is definitely a thing that people do, but the idea that they will then miss out on the upcoming content is what is meant to deter them from doing that. It’s not like a Patreon just “ends,” it’s meant to be a continual stream of content that keeps people subscribed.

coleslawed, shea and loudasallgetout like this.
  2. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

yup "Rancid Religion" is a confirmed slapper. here for punk MO all day

atticusfinch and Justin Roux like this.
  3. BoldTitan

Trusted

Just a heads up that Andy has released the two Bandcamp demos on his personal Spotify.

coleslawed and RJ Knorr like this.
  4. neo506

2001-2022 Prestigious

Also

5. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

He’s not wrong

6. BoldTitan

Trusted

Whelp. Confirmed that there was indeed a tour planned for the fall with a record release, but due to Covid has not been booked.

7. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

Theres an LP out there? :verysad:

8. BoldTitan

Trusted

bedwettingcosmo likes this.
  9. Dog Fish

Mutt

I really hope they don't hold out on releasing until touring is allowed.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  10. BoldTitan

Trusted

that will most likely be the case

11. Dog Fish

Mutt

Is that what they said on the patreon podcast? If phoebe did, so can they!

12. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

If they wait until they can tour behind it they’re probably going to be waiting a long ass time, unfortunately

13. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

It would make more sense to wait for a tour in my opinion.

But obviously I selfishly want them to release it this fall.

14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Release an EP.

1 new song from the album, 1 new album bside, then a couple covers or alt versions of previously released songs. Kinda like they did with I Can Feel A Hot One and I Was Lid.

Save the main single, new album and all the stuff for closer to when you can promote the album. They don’t have to worry about pushing release dates this way.

awakeohsleeper and MrAirplane like this.
  15. BoldTitan

Trusted

I think they may be hedging their bets on this being a big one for them given how big The Gold was after not having a big single since I’ve got friends. Perfect opportunity for them to come out strong but they need it to go smooth with promotion and rollout.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  16. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

There is no such thing as “smooth” anymore in any facet of business due to COVID.

By the time they’ll be able to tour again, The Gold/Black Mile could be almost four years old - and honestly - probably older.

My guess is once touring is allowed again, most venues will be booking with the bands/artists that were scheduled to tour in 2020 so new tours will be very hard to book due to everyone in the business all trying to make up for lost tours at once.

Joe4th and coleslawed like this.
  17. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

Just seeing the way things are, there’s no way I’m going to any shows until there’s a vaccine. This thing isn’t slowing down anytime soon.

18. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

New record when they can support it, as of now.

Like everyone else.

19. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

We’ll see. I understand why they’d want to do that, but they might realistically be sitting on it until 2022 if that’s the case.

20. AshlandATeam

Trusted

Haven’t we read about all these venues closing their doors? I’m not sure that anyone can say for certain that there will even be places to play, even if we can get things under control as a country. The entire system could very well collapse here.

Which isn’t to say ManOrch or anyone else should just put out music they can’t make money off of. But I don’t think anyone has any clue what the near-future of live music looks like, or if it’s even a thing.

21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Yeah, I'm extremely fearful that a lot of the venues near where I live (Sheffield, UK) will go under. I already have to travel to Manchester for most bands.

22. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I miss live shows so much. Truly the biggest impact on me personally which is fortunate since it's small potatoes compared to what others are experiencing. But still, its like my church.

23. BoldTitan

Trusted

The idea of not having The Stuffing road trip to go on this year, my annual ritual, is becoming more of a reality.

24. Dog Fish

Mutt

For those who can afford to do the patreon, how has your experience been?

25. Sal Paradise

Trusted

I do the $5 option and to me it’s worth it. 1 Simple math bside and one demo per month. Monthly merch discount code. Early pre order for the Recent and future vinyl releases. Occasional acoustic videos, and they did a live q and a a couple months ago.

I don’t think I can swing the higher tiers but the podcast sounds like it would be cool