Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Manchester Orchestra Band • Page 108

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

I think he's telling us to get hyped.

astereo and coleslawed like this.
  2. BoldTitan

Trusted

source-1.gif

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

He lost me at Brian Fallon

ManchesterOrch8 likes this.
  4. BoldTitan

Trusted

Announcement next Friday on my birthday.

Please.

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

6. [​IMG]

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

coleslawed and benjammin07 like this.
  8. benjammin07

9. MrAirplane

Trusted

coleslawed likes this.
  10. benjammin07

oh is this the same record? thought it was different, my bad.

11. MrAirplane

Trusted

I don't think he had explicitly said so but it is. Preorders here

12. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Ordered.

13. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

I had no plans at all to purchase this when I saw the news yesterday but somehow I ordered it immediately when I saw it today....

coleslawed and AngryMan like this.
  14. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I want this but I know I'll never listen to it. Oh the boring pragmatism that comes with adulthood.

MrAirplane likes this.
  15. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I ended up not pulling the trigger on this...I will likely regret it, but over the years I've spent such an absurd amount of money on my vinyl collection and either literally never open the records, or listen to the record once and never again.

That's not really the part that bothers me per-say, but moreso the fact that I already have the RAGC trilogy on vinyl and don't really think I need it as a live album. Other than a few unplugged albums I have, not really a big 'need the live version on vinyl' kind of guy.

16. BoldTitan

Trusted

I've sworn a blood oath at this point and don't miss any pressing. Wallet be damned.

17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

So this is a new pressing of the old live album but with a new name? Or was the original live album only on CD & digital?

Sorry, I’m confused!

18. BoldTitan

Trusted

99% sure this is a vinyl pressing of live at the knitting factory in Brooklyn that he released on CD and digital a couple years ago.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

20. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Correct. The track list is the same.

21. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Thanks. I checked and it looked like there were a few tracks omitted but I imagine that’s to do with space?

22. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

I bought it. Waiting for the ridiculous flippers to come out of this asking $150+.

Bands should just charge $100 upfront for any of these ~in demand~ releases. People would eventually pay it. It’d still be cheaper than on the aftermarket, and they themselves actually get MOST of the profits.

23. MrAirplane

Trusted

looks like just a poor listing on the item page. the back of the gatefold has a longer list that matches the previously released cd. it also says it's a recording of the same show (knitting factory july 22 2012)

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  24. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

It’s the same release.

25. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

Does anyone have an update about the METN vinyl repressing? The last mention I could find of it was on their Twitter from a while back, saying to stay tuned for news of a future pressing. I don't even care about having the fancy version of it or anything. I just want this album on vinyl period. My heart skips a beat every time I get a Twitter notification from them, and I'd appreciate letting go of the FOMO if they'd just release it already. :crylaugh: