Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Manchester Orchestra - The Million Masks of God (April 30, 2021) Album • Page 88

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Drew Beringer, Feb 12, 2021.

1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I didn’t get an email (yet) but nothing would surprise me. I’m still waiting for a ‘release date’ for my OK Human vinyl that was supposed to be delivered on Feb 3...

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

TWENTY ONE DAYS

3. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Same same

4. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Was it confirmed yet that MMOG vinyl is delayed?

5. Dog Fish

Mutt

JaytotheGee likes this.
  6. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

It’s just the represses that are actually delayed.

The impact of that on MMOG orders (if people ordered them together), I imagine is being looked at and hopefully figured out.

7. JBoch

Trusted Supporter

I emailed Second City yesterday and they confirmed the delay is only for the repressings.

8. ManchesterOrch8

Correct.

All MMOG stuff is good to go, and has been.

But the impact of the represses on the orders that also ordered MMOG stuff together would be awful. ‘All product will ship together’, means potentially people are waiting until the end of the year for a record that came out in April, and those MMOG orders will just be sitting in the warehouses waiting for the represses to complete that order.

I think THAT needs to be sorted out. I know it’s a lot about duplicate shipping charges and keeping track of everything, but still - it’s a bad look on SC.

JBoch and macbethfan like this.
  9. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

In hindsight, I'm quite happy this worked out in my favor. I did the Patreon vinyl, the deluxe book, and the repressings on separate orders. Two bad results from this: my signed art print is with the repressing order, and we're moving in August. I can't stand having longstanding orders out there when I move. Some companies are more receptive than others about changing shipping addresses. Hoping SC will change it when the time comes.

10. ManchesterOrch8

Same.

Represses were on their own separate orders.

Thank jebus.

macbethfan likes this.
  11. BoldTitan

Trusted

My $150 merch order was with the represses. How now am I supposed to rep TMMOG?!

12. ManchesterOrch8

You must now repurchase the package.

13. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Is Cope delayed too? I ordered a T-shirt with it. I haven't gotten an email.

14. ManchesterOrch8

All represses.

15. BoldTitan

Trusted

Lots of redditors posting that Second City is telling them they won't split or partially cancel or ship parts of it early.

16. Kevin360

Welp. I don't want to wait until December for a $25 t-shirt I've already paid for.

BoldTitan likes this.
  17. BoldTitan

Trusted

I got on the phone with Second City Prints and spoke to them at length about the issue. They are sending me the official word and working out the specifics for order splitting for this run of the album. Going to post the official word soon.

Dog Fish and ManchesterOrch8 like this.
  18. ManchesterOrch8

This is nuts.

19. Kevin360

I'd be fine if they just threw the shirt in with one of my other two orders that are only new album stuff.

BoldTitan likes this.
  20. oncenowagain

“the whole world’s ending” “honey it already did” Prestigious

Am I the only one who, when they hear that someone talked to someone at a vinyl pressing company, pictures the person on the other end as being a worker in the factory whose coveralls are smeared in filth and is shouting over the banging of large machinery that they’re going as fast at they can

21. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I wonder if theres an easy way for them to just charge the extra $5-$10 to cover shipping to anyone who wants their order split up. I feel like everything was reasonably priced and I can see them splitting this stuff up costing a lot of money and being a pain in the ass

22. BoldTitan

Trusted

To make everyone's day better, here is my unlisted video of the entire livestream of the HOPE tour concert in Charleston featuring the HOPE album and a few others (Colly, I Can Feel A Hot One, Etc.)

23. Dog Fish

Mutt

While i'm interested in their response, i'm also interested at your 'at length conversation.' Did you change minds? Were you arguing?

24. BoldTitan

Trusted

I said "DO YOU KNOW WHO I FUCKING AM! I am THE BoldTitan. I have spent WAY too much god damn money and my wife is now DIVORCING me and this is THE ONE THING I HAVE"

ncarrab, smowashere and JBoch like this.
  25. ManchesterOrch8

Wow, really went Falling Down on them.

Make sure to stay away from any McDonald’s in Florida for the next day or two, everyone.