Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Manchester Orchestra / The Front Bottoms / Brother Bird / Shannen Moser Fall 2018 Tour Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Aug 13, 2018.

1. TMS2787

Trusted

I know where they played, I was there. Lol. And they wouldn’t play there now. Also… The tour wouldn’t have been at The Agora either. Just sayin’.

2. TMS2787

Trusted

I do believe the rotating each show.

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Obviously wouldn't play there now, but where do you think it would have been if not the Agora? House of Blues would have been way too small for both these bands. TFB just sold out HOB last Fall.

4. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

FirstEnergy Stadium probably...

/s

JaytotheGee and ncarrab like this.
  5. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

First Energy feels a little small

ncarrab likes this.
  6. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

I cannot believe this tour is hitting the Aragon (5,000 capacity). Is it because it’s a co-headliner that they both have a great draw? Last time TFB played ger they didn’t sell our House of Blues or Metro. Manchester Orchestra sold out House of Blues but it was a Lollapalooza aftershow so that may have helped.

I’m happy for them, but damn, that’s the biggest non arena venue in Chicago.

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

TFB definitely sold out at least the Metro but I'm like 95% sure they also sold out the House of Blues.

8. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

They’ll probably do multiple nights if anything

JaytotheGee likes this.
  9. TMS2787

Trusted

A residency.

russvanderhoof and SaveTheEarth like this.
  10. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I actually just lol'd at my desk

russvanderhoof likes this.
  11. TMS2787

Trusted

I bet Andy can kick better than Zane.

SaveTheEarth, JaytotheGee and ncarrab like this.
  12. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Oh damn

[​IMG]

13. TMS2787 Sep 25, 2018
    (Last edited: Sep 25, 2018)
    TMS2787

Trusted

Columbus! I'm in there! I am glad that I don't have to drive to Detroit for the show now. I would have but this is about half the distance and no tolls, so that's a huge plus and I also really like Express Live! lol.

14. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I was just listening to Shannen Moser’s new album this morning! My show is the day before so I hope she opens that one too

15. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

I’m really surprised MO are at the Aragon, considering I just saw them at Concord and HoB.

16. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Didn't they sell out both those shows? Perhaps The Front Bottoms also co-headlining helps the draw. Do you think it would make more sense for them to be playing The Riviera?

17. Kellan

Yeah you might be right, they may have sold out. They were definitely very full. Yeah that makes sense with TFB on the bill too, I haven’t really listened to them much so I wasn’t sure how popular they are.

I just remember seeing Brand New at Aragon and I don’t think that was sold out, I am always amazed at how huge and cavernous that place is. I’m not complaining though, it’s four blocks from my apartment.

18. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

The Brand New show was definitely sold out. And yea TFB played back to back sold out (or mostly sold out) shows at Metro and HOB last year, and MO sold out Concord and also HOB while also playing a pretty large crowd at Lolla. The Riv would’ve been the safe bet and definitely would’ve sold out, but Aragon opens it up for more people. Even if it doesn’t sell out it’ll be well attended.

19. Kellan

Yeah you’re definitely right about BN selling out now that I think about it. I was possibly thinking about the Circa Survive / Thrice show? Who knows, I apparently have terrible memory

mattfreaksmeout likes this.
  20. TMS2787

Trusted

Brother Bird and Shannen Moser added as support.

Kellan likes this.
  21. Kellan

I'm definitely not missing this, but Good Old War and Free Throw are playing the same night. Waah

22. Xpertguy5

Trusted

This tour isn't coming near me but these 2 bands were at cal jam last night and they both were great. Attend their tour if you can

23. SPine

Trusted

Thinking about going to Columbus

24. Jay Evan

I've Made A Huge Mistake

A bit surprised, The Front Bottoms are headlining the Raleigh date.

25. btr

Trusted Supporter

Headlining the Rochester, NY date as well from all the billing I've seen.