Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Manchester Orchestra - A Black Mile to the Surface (July 28, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by RuckerPark, May 30, 2017.

1. RuckerPark May 30, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 6, 2017)
    RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

[​IMG]
    Tracklist/Tour/Video/Single to be released on Thursday, June 8th.

RyanPm40 and teebs41 like this.
  2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

shouldn't we wait for an official announcement before making an Album thread?

3. RuckerPark

should we? I can delete if necessary. Also that date is just rumored, but I can update as needed.

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think it would be better to wait, not trying to rain on the parade or anything... idk I'm not a mod or anything ha but it seems weird if they check in here and think that people are leaking information. @Jason Tate thoughts?

5. RuckerPark

yeah, all the info I have is from reddit rumors. @Jason Tate I can delete if needed.

6. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

nah if there's leaked info I'm totally fine with things being her even as long as it's publicly available

FTank likes this.
  7. I wouldn't put a release date on a thread yet, since I don't think it's even locked down. I've been told two different ones they're deciding between.

fenway89 likes this.
  8. George

Trusted Prestigious

I'll always check out new stuff based on how much I loved Like a Virgin and Mean Everything to Nothing. The last few albums have left basically no impression on me though, sadly.

MrAirplane likes this.
  9. RuckerPark

can do. that date was floated on reddit so i based it off of there.

10. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

it's ok, when you change the date you can get rid of the "th" to fit the moderator approved thread title format ;)

coleslawed, ChiliTacos and RuckerPark like this.
  11. RuckerPark

haha gotcha.

cwhit likes this.
  12. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Sssssssssssssssstoked

13. vidiviciveni

Trusted

They lost me a little bit on Hope/Cope, I don't think I ever listened closely enough though. I enjoyed "Every Stone" but it was missing that rowdy/bluesy edge MO had developed.

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I have higher hopes for this one since according to their Instagram they worked with a producer!

MrAirplane, fenway89 and RuckerPark like this.
  15. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Cope is so often maligned but damn do I love it.

16. BoldTitan

Trusted

What were the two rumored dates?

loudasallgetout likes this.
  17. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Never heard of this band but I checked out Cope and it's incredible. The drums and guitars are so crisp and in the mix so well. So I guess this is their sophomore release then which is cool.

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol jig is up I know mean everything to nothing is one of your GOAT!

19. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I NEED THIS NOW

20. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Things I'd like to hear: more keys. Love the atmosphere the existing keys already add but wanna see them really dive into it

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  21. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Miss Chris being in the band wonder how that'll affect the overall sound. Which Andy is a pretty accomplished piano player/organ player so maybe he can pick up that slack

Joe4th and teebs41 like this.
  22. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I'm so ready for this.

23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

One thing is for sure their stage presence will def take a hit

serotonin, fenway89 and truelovewaits like this.
  24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I hope there's some stuff like leaky breaks on the new album, just want some of that real low whispery andy vocals

25. BoldTitan May 30, 2017
    (Last edited: May 30, 2017)
    BoldTitan

Trusted

I hope we get to see a nice mix within the songs. The soft breaks where Andy inflects and then the music just comes roaring back in. 'The Gold', the single, sounded like that could be the case with some hard guitars, soft spots and nice vocal layering.

Andy said that "Each Part" would be on the album, but it sounded more like a solo Andy or B-side. A very on the nose personal acoustic song about his wife and daughter and hanging at Rob's.

There really isn't a MO song I really dislike, and each album can fit a mood perfectly. I'm hoping we can get the "mature METN" That has a great mix of songs that really show off the talent of the band and how far they've come.