Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Manchester Orchestra - A Black Mile to the Surface (July 28, 2017) Album • Page 293

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by RuckerPark, May 30, 2017.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

this is in contention for my all time favorite record, pretty crazy to think about.

2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

It’s not even in contention for favourite MO record for me. What do you think it is about this record for you?

I listened to this album again last week. There’s definitely lots of good on this record. The Gold is my favourite on the album. Production sounds great. I just don’t find all the songs pull me in.

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

love the lyrics, the stories, the weight of the music, the layers and thought that went into crafting the songs, the performances, they said this album was about getting everything in the takes and it shows, feels like a very live album for me but still has astounding production. It's one of those records I've listened to 100 times and still finding new things I love about it.

beachdude, serotonin, CAC3 and 2 others like this.
  4. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I guess I still love the raw sound on Like A Virgin and METN.

I’d echo the layers/production sound great on BMTTS.

I think Cope suffered for me on the production end (because I just don’t think it sounds as good, but I like the songs). Simple Math was a cool, but I didn’t all land for me either. I still wonder ‘what if’ with Simple Math, because I know there are some songs that are pretty amazing that got cut (or makes up Sinful Math which I do hope they put out someday).

Hope is a really cool thing though as well as 14 Years of Excellence. It’s all good, just to varying degrees for me.

teebs41 likes this.
  5. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

I listen to this record sporadically, but find myself still pulling towards Cope most recently.

I’m always a record behind. It takes time for me to take everything in. I don’t listen to MO endlessly, but when I do, it’s the loud cuts.

6. ManchesterOrch8

I’m also just really really on a Neil Young kick.

7. BoldTitan

Trusted

If I Know How To Speak was on the record it would be my favorite for sure.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Dang, I couldn’t imagine thinking cope was better than this album in any capacity haha. But to each their own! Simple math is becoming my second or third favorite!

9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Should have been on there. Glad they got it out there.

10. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I wouldn’t call Cope better than Black Mile but I probably listen to it more often, just cuz it satisfies many different moods

teebs41 likes this.
  11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I don't return to this as much as I'd have thought

12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I like Cope, but sometimes I feel like it’s restricted in how it was recorded.

Jim and teebs41 like this.
  13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I revisited Cope recently, and a lot of the deep cuts are sooo much better than I remember

coleslawed and teebs41 like this.
  14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah the mix is not good tho

teebs41 likes this.
  15. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I don’t think it’s their best, but I love Cope so much.

Still the one I listen to most by them honestly.

teebs41 likes this.
  16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I hope they remix it one day

.K. likes this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This is amazing

serotonin and awakeohsleeper like this.
  18. ManchesterOrch8

100% accurate story. I was who he was talking to when the kid said that.

It was nuts. It’s still nuts.

19. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Love that you were there.

teebs41 likes this.
  20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Of course you were there andy!

21. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I think this album is the best thing they've ever done, but it's not my first (or second or even third) choice to put on when I want to listen to an MO album front to back.

But holy fuck, it's still incredibly great.

teebs41 likes this.
  22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

any one know where I can get 24 bit masters of the record? I've been searching all over!

23. ManchesterOrch8

To my knowledge they’ve never posted any HD/high res tracks.

serotonin and teebs41 like this.
  24. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

which is sort of crazy when you think about it, this record is begging to be played in the highest resolution possible haha.

25. ManchesterOrch8

I don’t think they would see the market for it beyond a few people at this point. I also don’t think that they’ve ever really thought about it.

But I could be completely wrong, and they post them next week.