Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Manchester Orchestra - A Black Mile to the Surface (July 28, 2017) Album • Page 292

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by RuckerPark, May 30, 2017.

1. serotonin

who told you this room exists?

Don't forget its the ten year anniversary of Fourteen Years of Excellence too!

I actually was just checking out some live stuff from around that era and realized they had a Live from Soho iTunes record that I somehow managed to never hear. I can't find it anywhere else except for iTunes so I signed up for a trial to listen.

Manchester Orchestra - Live from SoHo

2. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

why is fourteen years not on streaming

3. serotonin

Good question, I guess I never noticed as I uploaded it to GPM a long time ago.

4. benjammin07

Man I had totally forgot about that EP and then the other day I had an urge and had to find it on YouTube. Forgot how great it is

serotonin likes this.
  5. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

New song snippet from IG

JBoch, teebs41, azzy01 and 1 other person like this.
  6. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I’ve watched this too many times... haha

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Can’t believe it’s been almost two years since Black Mile. The way these guys work, wouldn’t be surprised if we got something in the Fall/Winter.

teebs41 likes this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

And based off the bad books singles I’m gonna love that album a ton

9. BoldTitan

Trusted

2020 at the absolute earliest. Most likely 2021.

If you look back to when they first started recording at the cabin for Black Mile it was quite a bit before the album release.

azzy01 and teebs41 like this.
  10. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I can’t wait until 2021, but remember this is their second writing session, they did another bit chunk early in the years

astereo likes this.
  11. azzy01

Regular

I'd definitely say summer / fall 2020 earliest or spring 2021. These guys usually have a good waiting period from after recording until release (based on past releases)

teebs41 likes this.
  12. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Black Mile was done for a while though before it was released. My buddy who worked for Concord Music Group at the time had the album in like, January or February of that year.

I'm sure that's common for an album to come out way after it's finalized, but I guess my point was, with the way these guys work (they're ALWAYS working), it wouldn't surprise me if they had enough finalized songs for an album by Fall or Winter.

I also don't think they'd post an entire song on their IG live if they weren't close to something...but at the same time I can see us in January of 2021 talking about 'hey whatever happened to that song they posted years ago in the cabin...'

13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I played this album last night, and man does it hold up. The end of grocery is probably my favorite moment in their discography at this point.

14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

That Instagram jam clip is badass. I am so curious how they follow up Black Mile.

serotonin likes this.
  15. Gnarly Charlie

Good guy, but a bad dude

Yeah. I don't necessarily want them to just make Black Mile 2. Although, I loved the sound, the best thing about that album was the massive shake up in what I expected from an MO record

beachdude, teebs41 and chewbacca110 like this.
  16. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

2020 is gonna be the tentative goal, I’d imagine.

They consistently do the three year cycles, almost as a family routine.

Unless Bad Books breaks through or Andy and Rob get another major movie opportunity. Spring/early summer 2020.

astereo likes this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

thanks for the update Andy

18. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Between April of 2009 and May of 2011 they put out METN, Bad Books I and Simple Math. Simple Math was actually released within 7 months of Bad Books I.

While I don't realistically expect them to release another album this year, it would not shock me.

19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

theres def some black mile momentum they want to jump on as well.. I'd be shocked if they waited until 2021

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Hell, even in 2012, they put out BBII and Andy put out RAGC. So in a three year period, Andy put out a total of five projects.

serotonin likes this.
  21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I like the sound of this. I’ll echo the notion that the clip sounds a little METN meets BM. This better not end up in the same place as Rejoice.

22. ManchesterOrch8

Motel. Money. Murder. Madness.

100%, you’re right.

But I just think the three year cycle works for them at this point - knowing where you are in the process, especially in their pitch to their wives and kids.

teebs41 likes this.
  23. serotonin

I just learned that Life on Spider Island was a thing. It was a project with Andy Hull and Harrison Hudson but it didn't seem like they finalized it. I've been a huge fan of Manchester and related bands, including Harrison Hudson for years and years.. Since Virgin, crazy how you can still miss that they did produce some stuff together. Also this picture is everything.

[​IMG]

24. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

There is life before I saw a beardless Andy Hull and life after. I have now officially entered the latter.

beachdude, coleslawed and Maybevictor like this.
  25. AngryMan May 24, 2019
    (Last edited: May 24, 2019)
    AngryMan

Regular

Here you go: