Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Manchester Orchestra - A Black Mile to the Surface (July 28, 2017) Album • Page 222

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by RuckerPark, May 30, 2017.

1. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

happened to me on the Circa/Title Fight/Pianos tour. Missed most of Pianos set. : (

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  2. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Gotta spin this one now too. It's crazy to think how much more I would of played this record if it wasn't for Science Fiction. I would still be obsessed with it. Instead Science Fiction has taken over but this is still such a fantastic record. So bummed that I am not going to be able to see them on this tour.

3. Dog with a Blog

^^^same at pretty much everything. Really wanted to see them in L.A., this is easily my favorite MO record, but I just couldn't do it after spending all that money on the Brand New show

DejaMoi likes this.
  4. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

You missed out man, they sounded so good.

Not sure anyone has mentioned this yet, or if it even happened on the other dates but for the end of The Silence Ben from TJ came out to join Andy on guitar as Robert was on keys

teebs41 and Bloodsucker II like this.
  5. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

Honestly, I'm so upset about missing th show next week that I don't want to listen to right now. I know that's super petty, but I can't help it, haha.

I still love it, though.

6. BoldTitan

Trusted

What is stopping you from going? Money? Time? Distance? People?

7. ImAMetaphor

Money. And distance, a bit. Between the cost of a ticket, gas, and parking in downtown Detroit (which is also at least $25) I just can't justify it, unfortunately.

8. BoldTitan

Trusted

I'd be willing to contribute $15-20 to a GoFundMe to get you to the show if other people are willing to pitch in.

truelovewaits and teebs41 like this.
  9. thegryphonator

Random here; but my sister and I were listening to Cope over Labor Day, and she was showing me/saying how she'll "never get over the Every Stone mix."

I listened and thought the same. What a badass song, but the mix just DISAPPEARS behind a wall /goes underwater during the post-chorus / end. It was so obvious to us, we couldn't believe it made the cut as is. She told me "it's AMAZING live, but this MIX...."

To me it seems like a pretty dramatic mistake regarding headroom with the mix. I'm trying to "understand" it the best I can, the only reasoning I could think of is that the overwashed, muddy, sound might at to the exciting, chaotic, speeding drums --which sound completely off, but maybe it was intentional?

I know MO mixed/produced Cope themselves, but have they ever commented on this / Do they stand by this sound? Was this talked about a lot when Cope came out? The only mention I've seen regarding MO mixes was a post regarding the guitars on this new album that was put in the Science Fiction thread by mistake lol

10. ImAMetaphor

That is honestly so sweet, but I couldn't accept that. Thank you so so so much for offering. That is so kind and amazing, but I really don't want to make anyone do that. Besides, I'll be able to see a couple great shows later this year.

I'm sure they'll come back to Michigan in 2018, and I'll hopefully be prepared when it happens. Seriously though, thank you so much for offering to do that for me. That honestly made my entire day.

11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I know what you mean, not sure I'll ever really understand what happened to the drums on a lot of the album.

12. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

Foxing has been hooking people up in similar situations by putting them on their guest list. Might be worth reaching out to them via twitter.

13. Deathco_019

Drummer

It's not random at all to discuss the production/mix on Cope. Actually it's expected.

CoffeeEyes17 and ChiliTacos like this.
  14. DickyCullz

Every Stone is such a killer track. And possibly the best on Cope.

I went camping this weekend in Zion Nation Park, and over the campfire late at night I played Black Mile and Science Fiction back to back for my buddies whilst we had some beers and chatted shit. It was perfection.

I'm flying to England tomorrow and I plan on listening to MO and Brand New discographies from newest to earliest and alternate between them

15. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

went ahead and fixed that for ya ;)

DickyCullz likes this.
  16. Micah511

We reach for the longest shadow Supporter

I dunno, the title track is pretty awesome.

17. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Where in England are you staying? Sounds like a good flight plan!

18. DickyCullz

Just with my parents outside of London. Flying back for a friends wedding. Hoping to catch Mayday Parade/AGO/With Con play my home town of Cambridge whilst I'm there.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  19. BoldTitan

Trusted

Looking for a first pressing simple math, thrice split and BB 1! The collection is almost complete! Giving my non autographed Black Mile deluxe to my buddy for his birthday.

teebs41 and truelovewaits like this.
  20. Connor

we're all a bunch of weirdos on a quest to belong Prestigious

Anyone remember who the ticket preorders were through for this tour?

21. hermanthehermit

Paris, Texas Climate Accord Supporter

Sound Rink

22. BoldTitan

Trusted

23. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

This is still my aoty so far.

24. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

25. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Part of me wants to tell my wife that 'i'm working late' on Tuesday night and I just drive to 2 1/2 hours to Columbus for the show and don't get home until 2 a.m...

Serenity Now, teebs41 and JaytotheGee like this.