Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Manchester Orchestra - A Black Mile to the Surface (July 28, 2017) Album • Page 221

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by RuckerPark, May 30, 2017.

1. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

i listen to this album so much. it's like an old friend. i can hear every little drum fill and guitar line before they happen. usually when i get to that point with an album it's a good sign that i'm starting to wear it out. with this one, every single listen is still super interesting and enjoyable to me.

2. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

It really is a great album. And I had never heard them before this

They were also really good last night

gonz (Alex) and teebs41 like this.
  3. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

It's looking like I won't be able to go to the Detroit show. I just don't think I can afford it. Really sucks.

4. Steeeve Perry

Trusted

Oh Adelaide, why do you suck so much?

5. Buying a ticket to their Melbourne show tomorrow morning. They'll be my first show of 2018!

6. BoldTitan

Trusted

In case anyone is interested....someone uploaded nearly the entire set in HD video from one of their Texas shows into a YouTube Playlist

7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Very interested thanks for sharing

truelovewaits likes this.
  8. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

AngryMan and BoldTitan like this.
  9. MikeERayner

Trusted

Man, I can't wait to lose myself during this song!

God damn I Can Barely Breathe is fantastic live!

10. AngryMan

Regular

js977 likes this.
  11. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Same! Haha it was a nice pick me up. That said, still don't know what to do about DJ.

12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I hadn't listened to this in over a month, and it's hitting me totally differently now. I'm putting it all together in a way I hadn't before and it's blowing me away. Kind of amazing how some time off can change your perception – it's like listening to a completely different album.

13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It's also such a fall album.. here we effing go

coleslawed and KidLightning like this.
  14. awakeohsleeper

I do not exist.

Not sure I'd attribute the album to a specific season at this stage (and we all must have slightly diverging perspectives on what music reminds us of what season) but I can see what you're saying. I hope it's an all year round album! All I know is I am excited to listen to it lots in the build up to seeing them on the UK leg of their tour next month.

15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It's def an all year round album but it has some nice aspects that are great for the fall. I love listening to hope in the fall as well.

awakeohsleeper likes this.
  16. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Went and saw these guys last night in SF.
    As always, they crushed it. Andys vocals and the bassist were clear highlights.

Real bummed that I missed foxing. Tickets said show started at 8 and they played at 730. Been to prob 250 shows in my life and never has the opener played before the officially start time.

Also, tigers jaw isn't my thing. Just right up the middle indie pop punk stuff.

The alien, into the sunshine, in the grocery is maybe the greatest 3 song set this band has done.

17. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

They just posted on twitter about how bummed they were about that miscommunication.

Transient_Hymn likes this.
  18. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

saw them in LA on Thursday and holy shit, they sounded so good. The new songs are killer live, and that alien, sunshine, grocery section is god tier

Transient_Hymn and teebs41 like this.
  19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

When I listen to this record, I find it unbelievable that there are people that don't think this is good music.

20. Dog with a Blog

Hahaha. Oh man. I was talking to my good friend last night who lives in the Bay Area and we were catching up, having not spoken in awhile. Anyways, Manchester Orchestra/RAGT is her all time favorite and she was telling me how shitty her week has been but at least the silver lining is that she gets to see MO tomorrow and I was like, "uhhhhhh, dude...that was last night" and she started crying. I feel so bad but I couldn't help but laugh at the ridiculousness.

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh wow that's super rough!!!

Bloodsucker II likes this.
  22. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

ITS BEEN THAT WAY FOR ETERNITY!

23. Dog with a Blog

This happened to me when I went to see Circa Survive open for Coheed at the Warfield years ago. I don't even like Coheed

24. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Listening to this right now! Still so damn good!

DejaMoi likes this.
  25. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Bloodsucker II and DejaMoi like this.