Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Manchester Orchestra - A Black Mile to the Surface (July 28, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by RuckerPark, May 30, 2017.

1. CarpetElf

douglas Prestigious

Oh hell yeah

2. Gjpeace

Regular Supporter

It's hard to overstate how obsessed I was with MO (and really any Andy-related project) for those first three albums. Cope struck me as their first by-the-numbers release, and although I really love about half the tracks on it, I'm hoping this is a big return to form for them.

The presence of an outside producer has me a lot more optimistic than I probably would be otherwise.

teebs41 and Transient_Hymn like this.
  3. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

subbin

4. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Slight step back with Cope (still has dope songs), but will def look forward to anything this band does

Aaron Mook likes this.
  5. Transient_Hymn

Somebody Turn the Neon Down Supporter

Outside Producer is definitely getting me stoked. I think a little fresh blood in the mix will help them take a leap

6. Cope and Hope were very good. Will stan for them always.

7. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

So excited for this. Feels like it's been forever

8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Damn I thought only "each part" out of those was on there, weird I've heard live versions of 3 of the songs already then

9. BoldTitan

Trusted

Sorry if I was confusing. It was only one song. Each Part.

10. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Looking forward to this.

11. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Oh okay ha bc married is a different song! Yea I'm interested to see how that one fits in with the supposed "concept" of the record. I had seen its supposed to be about a town over 100 years, could be the same song with slightly different lyrics to fit the narrative?

12. loudasallgetout

Trusted Supporter

Yeah leaky breaks is awesome. These guys used to be my favourite band but Cope really ruined that. Hoping they take back the spot here B-) High expectations but I'm very optimistic.

AngryMan likes this.
  13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I liked cope a decent amount until I heard hope then i realized the two paired together were a masterpiece.

14. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm still so jealous that you got to hear the single

15. BoldTitan

Trusted

It breaks my heart that I only got to listen to it 1.5 times and kind of forgot most of it because I was in the middle of a conference call trying to listen to it on my computer at 8 am lol

teebs41 likes this.
  16. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

I have heard these dates were in July. Not from Jason, mind you.

I just haven't heard specific dates. Must've missed @RuckerPark posting one.

teebs41 likes this.
  17. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

This is indeed the album title I was told a few weeks back. I take solace in knowing I'm not the one who leaked it.

teebs41 likes this.
  18. RuckerPark

Someone else is in my place. Supporter

I posted one in the title based on info i gathered from other places...if it's not locked, it's not locked though.

teebs41 likes this.
  19. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

So. Ready.

teebs41 likes this.
  20. Bo Joiner

Regular

I need this now!

teebs41 likes this.
  21. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

god damn how'd i miss this. cautiously optimistic... hopefully they come back w/ some edge.

teebs41 likes this.
  22. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

hope they record the drums in the same zip code as the other instruments this time

23. AngryMan

Regular

bedwettingcosmo and JBoch like this.
  24. BoldTitan

Trusted

25. AngryMan

Regular

Jason received the album and is answering some questions about it.

teebs41 likes this.