Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Manchester Orchestra - A Black Mile to the Surface (July 28, 2017) Album • Page 101

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by RuckerPark, May 30, 2017.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

4th pressing of their first few records are up for sale:

Music

Finally snagged a copy of METN

2. Nthomps6

I'd trade you mine for the price of the 4th repress, shipping and maybe a fun 7" or something I don't have. That's assuming I can still order the new pressing to replace my copy.

3. BoldTitan

Trusted

I can do that. I'll be getting an extra tour bundle exclusive 7" at the Atlanta show this year

4. Nthomps6

Done! I'll order my new copy now and PM you in a bit to work out the details.

BoldTitan likes this.
  5. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

One week!!!

DejaMoi likes this.
  6. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

teebs41 likes this.
  7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Did it leak or are you saying you want it to! Personally I don't want it to leak, I just want my preorder to come a few days early.. I wanted the paramore record to leak but that's bc I knew it would sell great anyway lol

fenway89 and Kevin360 like this.
  8. BoldTitan Jul 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 21, 2017)
    BoldTitan

Trusted

Got a hold of PR. Can't share it due to watermark/NDA, but I'm sure the bundles will arrive early next week and you should be able to find it then somehow through a kind soul.

Going to do my preview and review write up for the subreddit...it is SO different. A lot more than I thought. Didn't like Lead, Sunshine, Grocery or Mistake on first listen much but after 3 listens they have grown on me a LOT. The Opener and Closer are absolutely goosebump inducing phenomenal. The middle of the album has a lot of that Stranger things esque electronic keys (reminds me of the new sufjan planets thing a little) . All the cliches about cinematic fit. This is NOT a rock album but absolutely NOT an acoustic album save for The Parts and I guess The Alien. Lots of very loud parts. The many many layers and noises bothered me at first, but mostly just because it is so different than their usual clean Guitar, bass, drums and andy with the occasional keys of the past. It's an album you need to take in as a whole and have a good pair of headphones and the lyric book of which I'll upload to genius when it arrives.

(Also, I like the live solo Andy The Parts a little more than this album version. I don't feel the same emotion in it, although there is a cool atmosphere echo going on)

RuckerPark and CarpetElf like this.
  9. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Me waiting for the vinyl/photobook next week:

[​IMG]

airik625 likes this.
  10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Just checked my order status to see if it shipped yet. It did not :(

11. BoldTitan

Trusted

Shipping today or tomorrow would be my guess since they said today was the last day to order and have it arrive before or on release.

12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Enjoy the record, it's a special one

13. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Have you heard it more than once? Was it the listening party where you heard it? I've never attended one, but I feel like it would be hare to hear.

14. Kevin360

He listened twice, both at the lauening party. One of the sessions in a small quieter room.

*L I S T E N I N G

teebs41 and AngryMan like this.
  15. AngryMan

Regular

That's my fsfoekre kind of party.

loudasallgetout and Kevin360 like this.
  16. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

CONVFEFE

teebs41 likes this.
  17. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I was in a small soundproof room with one other person with five Sonos speakers blaring in my face

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Honestly an incredible way to listen to the record haha

BoldTitan likes this.
  19. BoldTitan Jul 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 23, 2017)
    BoldTitan

Trusted

The hottest of hot takes after a couple listens.

1. The Maze
    2. The Silence
    3. The Gold
    4. The Wolf
    5. The Moth
    6. The Alien
    7. Lead, SD
    8. The Parts
    9. The Mistake
    10. The Grocery
    11. The Sunshine

Maze is probably my new favorite opener, and The Silence is battling with The River for 2nd favorite closer.

I will say Mistake, Grocery, and Lead I like a lot more in their last third and they are growing on me with each listen.

20. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

How did you get this?

21. BoldTitan

Trusted

I run a lot of the MO subreddit and I reached out to PR.

I've Got Friends in all the right places

22. Kevin360

I've Got Friends too, but they must not like me as much as I like them.

SteveLikesMusic and BoldTitan like this.
  23. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

so the sunshine is just a garbage song???

24. manc-orc-lufc

Hey, newbie here.

To save me time trawling through all 101 pages, does anyone know of any limited edition/deluxe edition/t-shirt, music box, photograph album version, etc. of the LP that are available in the UK at a reasonable price (eg. not on the MO official site).

I was holding off from pre-ordering as normally nearer to the release date record stores start announcing what versions they will have in stock, but no one seems to have anything other than the normal black LP (not that it really matters, I will get my pre-order in by the end of today), but just thought I would check in case I had missed a nice little collector's item somewhere.

Thanks in advance.

25. BoldTitan

Trusted

Not at all, it's just a filler interlude transition songs with a short catchy little tune. Not much to it though.