Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Manchester Orchestra: 10 Years of Mean Everything to Nothing Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by TMS2787, Aug 6, 2019.

1. TMS2787

Trusted

Yeah, it’s not going to be over by 10:30. Lol

bachna84 likes this.
  2. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

old man @ncarrab needs to be home by 11 though

TMS2787 likes this.
  3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

FWIW the LA show started 30 min later than the Cle show.

4. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

5. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Oh, fuck. I'll die if they play After the Scripture.

6. TMS2787

Trusted

Well he’s gonna die at the show so he won’t have to worry.

astereo and bachna84 like this.
  7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Probably die from alcohol poisoning at the show tbh

bachna84 likes this.
  8. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

buy me a drink first

9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Gonna get mindbendingly belligerent and stand in front of @TMS2787

bachna84 likes this.
  10. TMS2787

Trusted

Oso Oso: 7:30-8:00
    Foxing: 8:15-8:55
    MO: 9:20-10:50

bachna84 likes this.
  11. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I was *almost* spot on.

12. TMS2787

Trusted

Yo. The crowd tonight was awfullllll.

Stood in the second tier, about third row back when we got there for Foxing. Then this guy, his I assume girlfriend and either his or her mother just decided before MO they’d push into us and take our spot. Dude backed into me twice before the first song was even over. I gave him a gentle nudge. Then he spent the entire night “dancing” like he was one of those wacky inflatable arm men or doing a standing worm. And the Mom “danced” like I’ve seen my 52 year old “dance” to Train. Ha. Which is whatever. But some of these songs def aren’t the happiest numbers. Also every time the girl left she’d just push right by my girlfriend and I. Mid-way through the show they decided to start loudly complaining about the people in the barricade not “being into it.” “Like didn’t you come to see this band?!“ was the exact quote.

Also, so much loud talking and unneeded yelling and hooting and hollering during slow / quite moments. I loved when Andy told the crowd to cut out “the 30 year old Warped Tour”. I swear every time I see this band / Andy he has to address the audience for being a bunch of fuck asses.

but goddamn was it a good show!

13. SPine

Trusted

Great show! Foxing sounded awesome but it was weird seeing them play to a completely dead crowd. I felt like a good amount of people around me didn't realize MO was playing METN in full. Stood there with blank faces. Was great to see I've Got Friends again plus I think that was the first time I've seen them play all of I Can Feel a Hot One.

14. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Going tonight! Mainly going for Foxing and Oso Oso, but am definitely interested in hearing Manchester Orchestra. Should be a good time overall.

bachna84 likes this.
  15. Kellan

@kellanthomas Prestigious

I really hate the Riv’s tiered level thing. I got here late and they’re not letting anyone else in the lower levels.

16. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Not a fan of the “anniversary tote bundle” or whatever that cost me $50 so I can own this silly special edition record. However, I am a huge fan of this band and this album and they did not let me down even a little bit!!!

17. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

This was a phenomenal show. Nearer My God is an amazing record, but Foxing was even better live.

18. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Manchester was great, but that foxing performance was really really subpar at best

ncarrab likes this.
  19. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

Granted we saw them on different dates but I don’t know how one could watch that performance and call it subpar. Foxing always brings it to an 100 every time they get on stage, in my opinion.

Joe4th and xapplexpiex like this.
  20. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Some pretty noticeable wrong notes, the drummer dropping his stick during the guitar solo of Liche Prince and not getting back on for a few beats, and pretty abrupt endings to like every song. Didn’t help that the sound was also not so great. Just wasn’t full at all until MO came on.

went with a friend who’s seen them a few times and felt the same. Maybe it was an off night, but I can definitely say this was really not great

21. Maddy

Regular

Love the energy Foxing brought to the stage...this was my first time seeing them...they def had some mess ups during the performance but thought their show overall was still energetic and exciting to watch

22. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Going tonight in Worcester. Any recommendations for parking near the Palladium?

23. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

In at the Palladium with the limited vinyl. In a black down, blue and white UNH hat if anyone wants to say hi.

24. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Went to the Worcester show last night. Absolutely amazing job from MO and Foxing. Unfortunately just caught the last couple songs from Oso Oso but they seemed good. MO's light show was absolutely incredible as always and they're no doubt one of the tightest bands. I've never really been able to get into Foxings studio work but they put on a hell of a show and I'll be revisiting their discography. All in all, great night that was totally worth the ehhhh crowd. Just a lot of bro dudes and their girlfriends who look like they have their own YouTube channels who like to block the stairways by posting up there and choose the shortest people to stand in front of.

musicfan9795 likes this.
  25. J12

Trusted Supporter

Worcester show was incredible. Manchester Orchestra's live show is truly breathtaking. Andy is such a force, it's unreal. Some of the quieter moments that were really just focused on Andy gave me genuine chills. "The Party's Over/No Children" was unbelievable. I brought a girl I've been seeing lately who is a singer herself and recently started listening to MO based on my recommendation and she was just absolutely floored by them, and Andy, in particular.

Foxing was incredible as well. So glad I revisited Nearer My God earlier this year. What a record.

Oso Oso was fun, though I'm still not able to get into them.

Kudos to the Palladium staff for allowing me to run my vinyl out to the car before the show too. Really cool of them to allow.

musicfan9795 likes this.