Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Man Overboard - Farewell For Now Tour Tour

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Mar 31, 2016.

1. kidinthebushes

Trusted

[​IMG]

Man Overboard / Forever Came Calling / Souvenirs / Such A Mess
    4/07 - San Diego, CA @ SOMA
    4/08 - Anaheim, CA @ Chain Reaction
    4/09 - San Francisco, CA @ Bottom of the Hill
    4/10 - Los Angeles, CA @ Los Globos

Man Overboard / Superheaven / Young Statues / Grayscale / Dirt Queen
    4/13 - Philadelphia, PA @ First Unitarian Church (new date)

Man Overboard / WATERMEDOWN / Gin War
    4/14 - Worcester, MA @ Palladium - Upstairs
    4/15 - New York, NY @ Webster Hall

Man Overboard / Microwave / WATERMEDOWN / Gin War
    4/16 - Baltimore, MD @ Ottobar (w/ Handguns)
    4/17 - Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre of Living Arts

2. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Will be in Baltimore. Really excited to see the setlists for this. Also, first post on the new site!

3. kidinthebushes

Trusted

This starts tomorrow.

4. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

5. kidinthebushes

Trusted

New York and Philadelphia are both sold out. Only two shows so far.

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

7. BelieF

Regular

8. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

did anyone go to san diego and get a setlist?

9. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

10. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

p much only care about real talk + self titled material (and ofc everything prior to that) so that setlist is disappointing. the request votes have basically been rendered useless by what's clearly one or two people just spam-voting to get their favorite songs to thousands of votes which is kind of hilarious

feel really weird and sort of guilty going to this tour but they meant a lot to me at one point and i want to see them one last time. pop punk bands passing through chain to say goodbye has basically become a tradition, this is the third farewell show i'm seeing there in a year

alexaanne likes this.
  11. kidinthebushes

Trusted

12. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Great mix of all their records, but where in the big blue hell is Dear You? That outro would be a chilling way to end a set for a farewell gig.

alexaanne likes this.
  13. kidinthebushes Apr 8, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 8, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

It looks like Forever Came Calling made it to the show last night.

14. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

15. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

Haven't listened to these guys nearly as much as I used to back in the day, but made a spur of the moment to go to the show at the Church tonight for old time's sake. It feels like 2010 all over again.

16. Mister Lyrical

Also how the hell did Something's Weird top the poll for the setlist? That song might be the worst in their entire discography, and represents everything people disliked about these guys.

17. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I'm still annoyed that this tour didn't hit more areas. I would have loved to be able to see them one more time before they went away. I saw them opening for Bayside a year ago, but I haven't been able to see a headlining Man Overboard tour since they were gearing up for their second album release. I'm gonna miss them. What a great set list.

18. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I had to miss them with Bayside because of the UNC/Wisconsin game. I had to leave their set early at Warped last summer to catch another band. Then they canceled their mini tour last year. And then their farewell tour doesn't come anywhere near me.

19. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

It's really frustrating! I really, really like a lot of the songs on Heavy Love, but I never got to see them properly tour for the album. It just doesn't make sense - a band that toured so heavily for years, announces such a tiny run of shows before they're done "for now". There has to be more to the story for both them and Transit, both bands have done such similar departures after years of consistent touring.

20. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

Seems like there's quite a bit in there from Real Talk & S/T. At a quick glance it looks like 10 songs?

21. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

What's depressing to me is the last time I will have seen them was Warped and they (specifically Zach) sounded god awful. Band is much better in a small venue and would have loved to see them one more time. Their tour Transit, Forever Came Calling and Knucklepuck was one of my favorite shows ever.

22. Mister Lyrical

Transit and Man Overboard should have combined their farewell tours and gone across the country, them together would have probably made the draw decent enough to be profitable.

23. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Couldn't agree more. Throw in a few smaller pop punk bands and you have a solid tour. Last time I saw Transit was in the Have Mercy tour and their draw was pitiful due to Have Mercy cancelling at the last minute. Band sounded amazing, but would have been great to see them in a more fun environment.

24. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I said same thing. It would have made so much sense because both bands came up around the same time.

25. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

I remember them sounding awful at Warped last year. I have never seen them headline. I feel really fortunate that I can go to Baltimore to see them saturday, even if it is a 5 hour drive. My schedule the next two weeks is insane with shows.