Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Malazan Book of The Fallen Book Club (Book 2) Book • Page 11

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by theagentcoma, Feb 24, 2018.

1. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

So I obviously have not kept up with this. Honestly I blew through the first two books (especially Gardens) so fast that I was always weeks and weeks ahead of schedule. Because of this, it was a little harder to go back every week and look at what the scheduled reading was and then strike up a discussion. I took a break after the second book (even though I really want to start the third one) and just kinda got behind on updating the schedule. I'll probably start the 3rd book soon because if nothing else, I at least wanted to do a reread for myself.

Anyways, just kinda thinking out loud. Gauging interest in keeping this going because I fell behind at staying up to date. Who all is still reading? Who is keeping to some semblance of a schedule? Who has moved on?

2. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I’m an hour into part 2 of the giant audiobook file. Recently got promoted at work and so much of my time has gone.

theagentcoma likes this.
  3. Garrett

I just started book three of Deadhousr. After this one I’m gonna tackle the new Mistborn books then come back for book three.

theagentcoma likes this.
  4. tucah

not champ Prestigious

The Secret History novella will change your life.

5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I ended up starting Memories of Ice and I'm really, really enjoying it so far. Done with the first book/part. As I've said before, I never fully connected with most of the DG crew so the return to the GotM cast was welcome. I didn't quite expect Silverfox to be such a HUGE deal right off the bat and I love that much of this first quarter of the book was just a huge meeting between the established characters from GotM, really sets up that the Pannion Seer is a huge threat. Tons of little interesting threads set up and teased, wonderful start to a book.

theagentcoma likes this.
  6. Garrett

Should I read that before Alloy? Is it in Arcanum?

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

It is in Arcanum, read it after Bands of Mourning.

Garrett L. likes this.
  8. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

We still on this? I'm up to Chapter 9. Fell behind a bit due to life and distractedness, but it's really picking up now.

theagentcoma likes this.
  9. theagentcoma

We should be but I'm a terrible person. I keep telling myself everyday I need to start the next book. However I let a friend borrow it like a year ago and I haven't gotten it back. I have the audio version but I prefer the print. I have no clue where everyone would be at this point so I'm not sure where I would proceed with a reading schedule. Maybe just pick a point in Deadhouse and go from there?

10. theagentcoma

alright this is some bullshit

I'm gonna go get a used copy of Memories of Ice this weekend to replace my borrowed one.

I obviously wasn't able to keep a weekly reading schedule going but the thing I was excited for the most when this all started was simply just going through the series again. So whatever happens with everyone else, I'm gonna jump back in this weekend.

11. Garrett

I finished Deadhouse a couple days ago.

theagentcoma likes this.
  12. nomemorial

Bump since I'm getting back into Deadhouse Gates. Anyone else still reading??

theagentcoma likes this.
  13. theagentcoma

I stopped after that book and jumped into the Mistborn series :(

But I will always discuss Malazan! And book 3 is my favorite so I'll probably jump back in soon tbh

14. nomemorial

I get that! These are so dense and unlike anything else I'm reading so I've kinda had to pace myself getting through this one since I dove straight in after book 1. I've just been reading bit by bit in-between other stuff, really.

theagentcoma likes this.
  15. I just finished book 6 (Bonehunters) and its probably my favorite so far but man they keep getting better. I read 1200 pages in a week because I couldn't stop so. ... I'm still at the height of my malazan obsession if yall wanna discuss as you read, let me know lol

Ps your octopath traveler avatars are wonderful

theagentcoma and nomemorial like this.
  16. theagentcoma

Club Octopath unite!

Oh Man Bonehunters is amazing. That final section of the book...damn

nomemorial likes this.
  17. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

I'm on the Crippled God. Words really can't describe how epic it is, well maybe 3.5 million of them could. Not counting this one which could end up my favorite by the end, Bonehunters is my favorite.

I'm also playing the shit out of Octopath lol

theagentcoma likes this.
  18. Garrett

I should get back to this soon-ish. Need the audiobooks, first.

theagentcoma likes this.
  19. theagentcoma

I know a guy

Garrett L. likes this.
  20. tucah

not champ Prestigious

i read about half of memories of ice and loved it but then got a strong urge to read something a big lighter so i switched over to the great hunt. then a friend was telling me about how he was finally getting into the deeper tolkien catalogue so then i just had to join him and now i'm knee deep in fellowship.

so that's where i stand, i'll get more malazan in...eventually.

theagentcoma and Garrett L. like this.
  21. Vivatoto

It's taking me forever to finish the last 200 pages of The Cripple God. I have no emotions left to give and I don't want it to end.

theagentcoma likes this.
  22. theagentcoma

this sums up the series in one sentence

Vivatoto likes this.
  23. Vivatoto

Big final book spoiler

I'm at the part where all of the Bonehunters are saying their last goodbyes and marching to the final battle. So many thing I want to happen but I feel like above all I really want Urb and Hellian to admit their love for eachother, lol

theagentcoma likes this.
  24. Vivatoto

Erikson's new book Rejoice! A Knife to the Heart came out today and I'm excited as hell to read it. I finished everything Malazan related 2 days ago so it's perfect timing.

theagentcoma likes this.
  25. Vivatoto

I’m watching an interview with Steven and he was originally pitched the job of writing novels for Destiny before they started changing the backstory. That would have been insane.

theagentcoma likes this.