Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Making A Murderer (Netflix) TV Show • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. drewinseries

Drew

It's slower, way more legal based, which can be interesting if you like that stuff. Still doesn't hit on some of the stuff that came out with Avery being a creep towards Teresa.

2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

SmithBerryCrunch and riotspray like this.
  3. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

I just remembered I never made it to the second ep of s2.

4. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Neither did I. I don’t even think I finished the first episode.

Cameron likes this.
  5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

You're not missing much. I watched S2, but I just had it on in the background while doing chores. It's pretty boring/repetitive. It's just his lawyer talking about the appeals process and analyzing the case. It could easily have been condensed into one 90 minute special instead of a 10 hours worth of episodes.

airik625 likes this.
  6. irthesteve

I disagree a ton, season 2 is pretty astonishing

7. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I actually just finally started season 2, I’m only on episode 3 I think so yeah

8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I had season 2 on the background while playing my switch and even that was kinda a chore. Didnt finish it

Spoiler tag if you want but did anything big come of this season??

9. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

not calling you out, just curious, what did you find so compelling about Season 2?

10. irthesteve

I thought that watching Zellner was seriously amazing. Honestly it was kinda "the Zellner Experience" season and she is fascinating. Her history and her personality first off, but then how absolutely stunning her exploration of the case was, picking apart every single tiny tiny thing, the way she investigated and tested evidence, etc etc. The whole season really took this case which you think you know everything about, and dissects it into the smallest little pieces to tear it wide open.

11. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

That's fair. Not sure what exactly, but something about Zellner kinda turned me off. I felt like she did a good job of dissecting every little piece, but at the same time I kinda felt like she was grasping at straws sometimes. Any time one lead would turn up dead, she'd just try to find something else. Which I get it, that's what she's supposed to do, I guess I just didn't enjoy watching it the way you did.

12. irthesteve

Haha yeah, and I totally understand what turns you off of her as well, I'm sure it's similar to what annoys me about her. But regardless of the weird things I get from her, I know that she gets things done and I find it fascinating to see how.

riotspray likes this.
  13. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I think it was just over saturation that I had a problem with. The second season could have been condensed quite a bit and I think it would have been a much better watch. Too much of Avery's family saying the same things over and over again. Like I said, I had it on in the background and to me, it still felt like a chore to get through and I don't feel like I missed anything at all by not giving it my full attention.

14. irthesteve

That's also fair to say, but Netflix knows the show is viewership gold so they gotta make it into a full season!!

RyanPm40 and riotspray like this.
  15. JM95

Trusted

Second season was good but it wouldn't have lost any of the interest or information if it had been five or six episodes rather than ten.

16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Oh, absolutely. I feel like most shows drag on too long, but particularly something like this where they can't just write another story arc to fill out a season.

17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

18. I never actually watched S2 of this. Can't remember where I was leaning by the end of S1 and reading up on some of it.

19. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

SmithBerryCrunch and riotspray like this.
  20. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

holy shit

21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I'm intrigued but not getting my hopes up too much.

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

RyanPm40 likes this.
  23. irthesteve

Pretty big development

24. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Interesting

25. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious