Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Making A Murderer (Netflix) TV Show • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Rewatching the series. I definitely believe that Avery is guilty, but it's quite possible that evidence could have been planted to strengthen the case. I think Dassey could've been involved, but it's clear that he was not mentally equipped to be questioned without his lawyer present.

2. I really don't think Dassey was involved at all. Isn't he supposed to be getting out soon?

3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

He should have been released, but it's under appeals.

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

airik625 and popdisaster00 like this.
  5. airik625

Raditz likes this.
  6. airik625

Raditz and popdisaster00 like this.
  7. truelovewaits and Raditz like this.
  8. devenstonow

Noobie

suicidesaints and RyanPm40 like this.
  9. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I could believe it! But obviously would need more evidence

10. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Nah, Avery is guilty as hell.

11. Raditz

SSJ

Is he though? It's possible but he may not be

12. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, based on his previous behavior, I certainly think he was capable. The cat event, running his cousin off the road, burglary, his ex-girlfriend's claim that he was abusive and threatened to kill her on numerous occasions, Halbach was afraid of him, Halbach's purse and cell phone were found burned on Avery's property, and the evidence presented in the doc. It's just overwhelming, in my eyes. There's really no likely alternative theory that we've seen yet. The doc pushes a narrative that Halbach was murdered somewhere else and her body brought to Avery's property. The evidence just doesn't suggest that. There's too many moving parts in that narrative. You have the random person that kills her, then you have the police finding her body/car, and then you have someone (actual police officers?) moving the crime scene to Avery's house. I stick to Occam's razor in these types of scenarios.

13. stayillogical

Kayak, deed, rotator, noon, racecar, Woo Young-woo Prestigious

Yeah, I think it's most likely that Avery did it. This one doesn't burn me up as much as Adnan Syed's case.

14. airik625 Jun 22, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 22, 2017)
    airik625

Looks like Dassey might finally be going free.

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/DasseyDecision.pdf

from PACER

Also, this article about attempts for a new trial for SA:

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/n...g-evidence-seeking-new-trial-avery/397782001/

15. Henry

Moderator Moderator

lol I thought that post was from postsecret.

Zilla likes this.
  16. airik625

oh the website haha

17. Raditz

SSJ

What is this postsecret you speak of

18. airik625

19. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Anybody else watch the Laci Peterson doc on tv? I think there’s a greater chance that Scott Peterson is innocent than Steven Avery. And I think the circumstantial stuff points to Scott. But there’s pretty much zero physical evidence in that case. I was definitely open to Avery being innocent while watching Making a Murderer. And yet as I finished it on both viewings, I felt like Avery definitely did it. Before watching this Laci Peterson series, I had never given a second thought to Scott’s guilt. It’s certainly not an open/shut case by the evidence presented.

20. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I guess I need to watch because reading this actually made me angry because I have always felt so strongly against Scott but I'm willing to give this documentary a try

21. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Me too. The evidence against Scott is circumstantial. That’s not to say that it’s weak. He certainly had motive. But I don’t think the prosecution proved that he had opportunity. Their timeline is really messy, especially because half of the witnesses say they saw Laci walking the dog after the next door neighbor returned the leashed wandering dog into the back yard. There’s a good chance she walked the dog after it initially got out of the yard, not before. And that would basically clear Scott since he was on his computer at his warehouse during that time and immediately after has a receipt for the marina.

22. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

I just don't think that we can rely on any evidence or lack thereof in a case where it's been widely shown that police tampered with evidence, and sadly because of this, we will never know the real truth.

23. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

24. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Anthony_ and airik625 like this.
  25. Anthony_ Oct 24, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 23, 2018)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

airik625 and irthesteve like this.