Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Making A Murderer (Netflix) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Making a Murderer is an American web television series that first streamed on Netflix on December 18, 2015. The first season recounts the story of Steven Avery, a man who was imprisoned for the sexual assault and attempted murder of Penny Beerntsen, and who was later exonerated, only to be subsequently accused and convicted of the murder of Teresa Halbach.[2] The series was filmed over the course of ten years, with the creators moving back and forth from New York to Wisconsin during filming. The first episode was released on YouTube the same day the first season was released on Netflix to promote the series, something Netflix had not previously done for any other original programming.

2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'd love more than anything for the second season to be a complete 180 of the first and just show the entire thing from the prosecution's side.

estebanwaseaten likes this.
  3. brentkid

Regular

Yeah to be honest I'm not really interested in more of the same narrative. There was a heavy bias regardless of the fact that they didn't get a fair shake however you may look at it.

4. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

While watching the show, it's easy to get enraged and feel like it was a set up, but after looking back on it, I can't help but feel like it was heavily one sided almost to the point of propaganda. The cops/judge absolutely tampered with evidence, falsified their story/timeline and flat out lied under oath, but I still have some inkling that Avery isn't as much of a victim as the series made him out to be. It would just be interesting to me (from a filmmaking standpoint) to show how the audience can be easily manipulated by only showing them certain things.

5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I only ever watched the first three episodes because these things are too damn long. I need to get around to finishing though.

7. airik625 Aug 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 12, 2016)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

NO FUCKING WAY

So that has to mean Avery is next, right? Considering the basis of Dassey's conviction was reliant upon Avery's guilt?

Brendan needs to make sure he isn't anywhere near the state of Wisconsin when he sues them for everything they have.

AelNire likes this.
  8. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Holy shit

9. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Whoaaaaaaaa

10. AelNire Aug 12, 2016
    (Last edited: Aug 12, 2016)
    AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm glad.

EDIT: this post was insensitive so I edited it bc I was a jerk.

11. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Geez!

12. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

13. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

God I hope not

14. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Calling him "so stupid it's heartbreaking"

This is fucking awesome. Always wanted something to happen with them but never thought it actually would. Very happy for Brendan.

16. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I guess it was a little insensitive. I'm just saying he went to jail bc he wasn't very smart about it.

17. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

18. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Thank God. I still question Avery, but everything done to Dassey was so wrong. It makes me so sad for how long he's been in there and that he still has to be there for 90 days, and who knows what else if the court of appeals decides to prosecute again.

Anybody who convinces someone with a clear mentally handicap to involuntarily confess to murder deserves a special place in Hell. They ruined this poor kid's life without giving a flying f*ck.

19. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I genuinely believe he is guilty. Dassey? Not nearly as much, although it's quite possible he had a small role in it. Dassey is very stupid, and Avery most likely manipulated him into helping.

RyanPm40 likes this.
  20. cryates

Trusted Prestigious

Night Channels and airik625 like this.
  21. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

People realize Dassey has a low IQ (wouldn't be shocked if at least a bit of autism as well), right? Using the term "stupid" is in incredibly poor taste in general, and epecially with everything he's had to suffer through.

22. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I apologized so...

23. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

Oh. No one was quoted so I just assumed he was talking about me.

24. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Haha, no, meant the other person, sorry.

AelNire likes this.