Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Magic the Gathering • Page 62

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

good point, and even something like Scorching Dragonfire wouldn't do anything because Tef's plus would resolve first

for a few months at least i believe yeah, time raveller ser to rotate by October i think

zigbigwig likes this.
  2. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

Anyone remember these? They stopped making them when Alara came out and were replaced by the vastly inferior Intro Packs. My friends and I used to buy them and play them against each other before we really had a collection. I'm trying to collect them all, all 130ish from the Urza block until the last ones in the Shadowmoor block. I only have about 20 so far lol

mtg_theme_onslaught.jpg

zigbigwig, Shrek and Shakriel like this.
  3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I started playing around Alara and found a shop that had a few of these. There was a snake deck from Kamigawa that had Sensei's Divining Top. I wish I had bought more than one of them. I also wish I knew the worth of what I bought. :tear:

theagentcoma likes this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

1000% playing dog tribal.

[​IMG]

Official reveal. The +1/+1 mechanic in this set looks like a lot of fun.

[​IMG]

theagentcoma and Shrek like this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I still can't wrap my head around why that legendary dog/cat is Naya aligned.

6. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

a doggo set. my wife approves

theagentcoma likes this.
  7. theagentcoma

Snake's Path! That's one of the pricier ones to find these days. There's one from Betrayers with a Jitte in it which is obviously OP. It's the second most expensive one we sell at Card Kingdom. The most expensive one is the sliver deck from Legions which is $110 and sadly out of stock.

8. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Winota suspended in Historic. Curious to see if that happens in other formats.

theagentcoma likes this.
  9. zigbigwig

theagentcoma likes this.
  10. zigbigwig

Shrek likes this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Guess I just draft mono red from now on lol

upload_2020-6-11_7-36-14.png

Shrek and theagentcoma like this.
  12. Shrek

i went 7-1 on my first ever cube last night while high as a kite and i felt like i won every olympic

built a kind of red green ramp with token spam

theagentcoma and zigbigwig like this.
  13. Shrek

btw if you're not aware everyone's first cube is free entry

theagentcoma likes this.
  14. theagentcoma

Ok so

Today at work when I was checking an order (verifying all the cards on an invoice match what is packed) I noticed a not so subtle pattern in the cards this particular customer ordered. Stuff like Cabal Slaver, White Knight, Shackles, Mass Calcify (destroy all non-white creatures), Nameless Race, Disruptive Student (has a picture of young Teferi looking like a troublemaker), and other slavery themed cards. I brought it up to my supervisor who took it to the manager and the order was promptly cancelled.

Sorry bro, your meme 4chan white power Commander deck isn't funny, it's disgusting. Dude lived in Baltimore too.

15. zigbigwig

that is so frustrating. i think you and your manager handled it pretty well.

i dont get why people have to be so petty like that. this is exactly why i have trouble recommending MtG to a lot of my friends. i don’t want to introduce them to toxicity like this.

theagentcoma and Shrek like this.
  16. Shrek

yeah the average Magic player is why i never truly dove into paper

17. theagentcoma

If you can get even a small group of people to play paper magic, you're good. Getting into the FNM crowd is a whole different beast.

zigbigwig likes this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

love cube so much

theagentcoma likes this.
  19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

also, this is dope

[​IMG]

theagentcoma likes this.
  20. LightWithoutHeat

You're not a teammate on my team

Every EDH deck running U will have that, no question. Such huge blowout potential.

21. zigbigwig

lol you’re right. this is going to be so annoying in EDH.

22. theagentcoma

I've only played once. Card Kingdom has a starter cube and I've been thinking of getting it.

Lol you like Cryptic Command? Hold my beer

I'm partial to this

[​IMG]

23. zigbigwig

so if 9 unblocked tokens attack you for at least 1 damage with Nine Lives on the field, you lose right?

i'm just trying to figure out how broken this is haha

24. zigbigwig

it's janky but you can use the 1B black removal to remove 3 counters from it haha

25. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Or Hexmage to remove all counters.